Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

How to Make Your Own Green Smoothie Recipes, That Don't Taste bad!

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
The green smoothie revolution has taken over the world. Most people have now heard of the term green smoothie and would like to know how they can make their own green smoothie recipes.

For those of you that might not know what a green smoothie is, it's a smoothie made with about 60% fresh ripe fruit and 40% fresh leafy greens blended in the blender with water.

The greens turn a regular fruit smoothie into a super food smoothie full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and the fiber found in the leafy greens. By adding greens to your regular fruit smoothie you are adding the nutrients A, C, and K, folate, iron and calcium that are especially important for building your blood and strong bones.

Many people are scared of adding greens to their fruit smoothies in fear that the taste will be repulsive. The trick is to start slowly by adding mild tasting greens at first until you get used to the taste. Some of the more mild tasting greens are spinach, Swiss chard, and romaine lettuce. Bananas and mangos are great to use as the base of your green smoothies because they are sweet and add a creamy consistency to the smoothie. You can always add other fruits such as berries, but for the best tasting results it is best to always add bananas or mangos.

Here are two easy and delicious smoothie recipes to get you started:

Strawberry Banana Spinach

2 bananas

1 cup strawberries

1 cup spinach

1 cup water

Blend in the blender until you achieve the desired consistency and enjoy!

Mango Parsley

2 mangos (peeled and chopped)

1 bunch parsley (stems removes)

1 1/2 cups water

Raspberry Banana Romaine

2 bananas

1 cup raspberries

4-5 leaves romaine lettuce (chopped)

1 cup water

Many people who are serious about eating healthier have tried a challenge. To join a green smoothie challenge all you need to commit to is: adding at least one 16 ounce green smoothie to your diet everyday for at least 30 days! 30 days is the perfect amount of time to incorporate a healthy habit into your lifestyle. Many people have found that by just adding one smoothie into their morning routine everyday they have completely transformed their eating habits.

I personally experienced increased energy, improved digestion, diminished cravings for unhealthy food, and a skin tab I was born with on my forehead shrank considerably since I started drinking green smoothies!

Smoothies are also a great way to get your kids to eat leafy green vegetables, you just have to convince them that the green color of the smoothies is what will give them super powers!

I do hope that this article encouraged you to try making your very own smoothie recipes!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic