Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How to lower testosterone levels before a blood test?

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
Last time I received a blood test for testosterone, my levels came back at 391, which is pretty low for my age and lifestyle. However, it's basically right on the borderline for treatment (which is between 250-350).

If I have to go back for another blood test, I'd like to lower my testosterone levels as much as possible so the doctor can't say something like "Well, your levels are low, but technically within the normal range, so I have no idea whether treating you would be appropriate" which is essentially what one endo said last time.

I'm not looking to be put on TRT, I actually just want to try to raise my levels naturally, but I do want to make sure I am treated next time I go in.

I know that low sleep / low calories will do it... anything else I can do?

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Last time I received a blood test for testosterone, my levels came back at 391, which is pretty low for my age and lifestyle. However, it's basically right on the borderline for treatment (which is between 250-350).

If I have to go back for another blood test, I'd like to lower my testosterone levels as much as possible so the doctor can't say something like "Well, your levels are low, but technically within the normal range, so I have no idea whether treating you would be appropriate" which is essentially what one endo said last time.

I'm not looking to be put on TRT, I actually just want to try to raise my levels naturally, but I do want to make sure I am treated next time I go in.

I know that low sleep / low calories will do it... anything else I can do?

I don't understand if ur not wanting to be put on trt why lower it? Is there something I'm missing?

paarke

paarke

Sep 18, 2010
if you tell your doc you feel like shit, are tired and have ZERO libido, and he still doesnt treat you, hes an idiot.

391 might be very low for one person, and perfectly normal for another....if you are symptomatic, its low for you.

THe treatment will probably be clomid for a month at 25-50mg ed...if that doesnt work, he will put you on hcg (if you object to trt or want kids one day)...otherwise its trt

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Stop working out.

Eat less fat and cholesterol. (cholesterol is a precursor to test)

Eat some carbs and chub up a bit. (the fatter you are the more test aromatases)

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
if you tell your doc you feel like shit, are tired and have ZERO libido, and he still doesnt treat you, hes an idiot.

391 might be very low for one person, and perfectly normal for another....if you are symptomatic, its low for you.

THe treatment will probably be clomid for a month at 25-50mg ed...if that doesnt work, he will put you on hcg (if you object to trt or want kids one day)...otherwise its trt
it would decline once he quits this if hes naturally low. PCT this works becuase its bringing you back up to your natural level so to speak but once your low your low. there is not much you can do other than opt for treatment or live like $hit.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
run some gear with a short half life (not Deca).....stop it without PCT for 7 days prior to the blood draw.

I'm not sure what you are searching for, but if your levels are naturally at 391, regardless of age, you are low. Anything below 600 (and I prefer 800) is in the tank. Also, did your doc check your Free testosterone?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm not sure what you are searching for, but if your levels are naturally at 391, regardless of age, you are low. Anything below 600 (and I prefer 800) is in the tank. Also, did your doc check your Free testosterone?

SJA, personnaly, I agree with you that 391 is low, but many doctors will look at some range labelled normal, which may be 300-900, and since you're in the range, they'll say, "you're normal." Yeah, normal for an 85 year old man! Pretty pathetic. And BTW, 800 is my desired min! LOL

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
SJA, personnaly, I agree with you that 391 is low, but many doctors will look at some range labelled normal, which may be 300-900, and since you're in the range, they'll say, "you're normal." Yeah, normal for an 85 year old man! Pretty pathetic. And BTW, 800 is my desired min! LOL

But if he doesn't want trt why does he want it low? I don't understand. Did I read his wrong?

N

noobden

May 16, 2013
How to lower testosterone levels? Eat alot of omega 6 and vegetable oil :D, then you will literally feel like shit.

T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
Potatoes, tomatoes, and booze.

D

Dsly

Dec 5, 2012
But if he doesn't want trt why does he want it low? I don't understand. Did I read his wrong?

The way I read it is that he wants TRT but his doctor won't put him on it unless his numbers are lower. So he wants to find a way to make his T numbers lower before his blood test so that his doctor will prescribe TRT.

D

Dsly

Dec 5, 2012
I've been on TRT for about 2 years. A consistent 100mg/wk dose keeps me at around 800-1100 which is what my doctor is comfortable with.

I had an injury last year and I've got some atrophy in my left arm that I am trying to recover from so I decided to increase my test up to 1ml (200mg) per week. I started that 11 weeks ago.
This week I decided to add 245mg of Tren A per week and do that for 4 weeks. Now my doctor wants to do another blood test next week. I didn't tell my doctor about the increase in the test or the addition of the Tren.
Should I just tell the doctor what I'm up to or should I try to skip an injection and let my numbers drop before the blood test?
How will the Tren effect my T numbers? or any other numbers she may be testing?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic