Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?
ajitpatel

ajitpatel

Oct 11, 2017
If you're trying to make the most of a 10-minute cardio session, treadmill exercises that utilize intervals are an excellent way to get it done. By varying your speed and incline, you'll skyrocket your heart rate, which has serious calorie- and fat-burning benefits (and challenges your cardiovascular system, to boot). You'll also keep that burn going after you've hit stop,when you do high-intensity intervals, your body needs to work harder to return to a resting state post-exercise, burning more calories in the process (it's known as the afterburn effect).

Ready to get after it? Consider these routines, developed for SELF by running coach John Henwood, your treadmill interval workout cheat sheets. In addition to their fat-burning capabilities, they're also great for improving your other runs. "They benefit your speed and endurance for running distance," Henwood tells SELF. Since they put your cardiovascular system to work, you're training it to be more efficient when you're pounding the pavement. Translation: run longer, faster, stronger.

You can do one of these routines on its own for a quick sweat, or tack one onto a strength-training session for an extra cardio boost. You can also string two (or more!) of these treadmill exercises together for a longer workout. Before you get started, Henwood recommends doing a dynamic warm-up and a 5-minute jog to get your body ready to work and ease into the intervals. After that, you're ready to rock. Here are 10 routines to choose from.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I heard you can use a treadmill as a makeshift weight sled.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I typically mount FD and hold for as long as I can, talk about a workout.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
so-youre-telling-me-people-drive-placesthey-can-walk-to-14189952.png

D

devst8r

Oct 13, 2017
i use treadmills once in a while, definitely hit a few reps deadlifting it

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Fvck the treadmill. You want to transform your body? Then deadlift, squat, and ohp. Burn more Kcal and actually become something other than skinny fat.

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Press... Hike and Play

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
How to properly use a treadmill.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic