Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

How to lift while cutting

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Sweet...Bronkaid is on recall now. Thanks for the tip.

Not a problem. That's what most use these days. Also perhaps have her try the ECY stack. Yohimbine works great with females.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Not a problem. That's what most use these days. Also perhaps have her try the ECY stack. Yohimbine works great with females.

Nice...wish I could take it....I feel like shit on it....Use 50mcg T3 myself...works great as long as you are on enough gear.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Nice...wish I could take it....I feel like shit on it....Use 50mcg T3 myself...works great as long as you are on enough gear.

Yea be careful with the T3. It will eat your mucles alive!!!

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks all for the great advice. I understood the cardio and diet part, but I couldn't figure out what to do for lifting. I hate high reps so I am glad to hear I should keep going as I have been. I will throw in supersets and reduce my time in between the sets to amp up heartrate. Maybe by doing my hiit in the am and then lifting in the evening I can use the faster paced sets as a bit of added cardio. hmmm...sounds good. Thanks again all- appreciate it!

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks all for the great advice. I understood the cardio and diet part, but I couldn't figure out what to do for lifting. I hate high reps so I am glad to hear I should keep going as I have been. I will throw in supersets and reduce my time in between the sets to amp up heartrate. Maybe by doing my hiit in the am and then lifting in the evening I can use the faster paced sets as a bit of added cardio. hmmm...sounds good. Thanks again all- appreciate it!

Good luck...you are on the right track....Throw in a little fat burner if you need a boost.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010

Sounds like a great plane to me:)

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
So I'm like what...1.5 weeks into my cut. Clean diet with high protein and running about 1700-1800 cals daily, doing 20 min cardio 4/5 days a week, and still lifting heavy. Today I noticed my weight hasn't moved but my bf went up 1%. I do believe I have lost muscle. Any thoughts on what I should tweak first? Lower cardio or up calories?

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
Cardio can definitely have an effect on mucle loss. With that said though, how are you measuring your bf? I wouldnt put too much stock into any home methods... I get bodpod tested in Malvern and Dexa tested in West Chester if your looking for local testing locations.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Was bf% measured within 24 hours of lifting or cardio? That will cause a bad reading ..

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I try to keep my weight and reps the same on all my big movements which is for me the first exercise of each bodypart , I'll try to stay heavy on my second movement but it's not a deal breaker as i'll strip plates and do drop-sets . If I'm dieting heavy I'll do a third exercise but I'll train by feel and stretch and squeeze the muscle and stop just short of failure .

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
Cardio can definitely have an effect on mucle loss. With that said though, how are you measuring your bf? I wouldnt put too much stock into any home methods... I get bodpod tested in Malvern and Dexa tested in West Chester if your looking for local testing locations.

Thanks, SF. I have been asked before where a bodpod is near us. Now I can tell ppl to check out West Chester and Malvern. Since I don't compete (yet) I simply use my scale. I don't pay attention to the bf% just whether it goes up or down. It has been holding steady for months until I started this cut.

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
Was bf% measured within 24 hours of lifting or cardio? That will cause a bad reading ..

Actually, yes to both. It was straight out of bed, but I had done both about 9 hours before hand. I am not using calipers or anything, it is simply a scale that shows weight and bf. I know they are notoriously wrong, but I just watch for fluctuations not the % itself.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic