Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How to get a good peak on your biceps

Mike Singletary

Mike Singletary

Sep 8, 2010
Any recomendations on how to get a good peak on your biceps? I have tried all types of workouts and can't get a good peak. What do you bros do to get your biceps to peak out?

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
Thats because our bicep genetics suck. I cant get the split on the bicep that divides the 2 heads, even at a very low bf%. If you notice a lot of guys have that problem, not everyone is gifted with those nice defined rocks.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
The most you can do is really conentrate on supination at the peak contraction, even then you got whatever basic shape you got.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
There was this kid in school, never lifted a day in his life. When he made a muscle it looked like someone stuck a apple in his arm, lucky fucker.

When i do DB preacher curls at the top i do a little twist and squeeze, you could definetly the difference from just going up and down.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
The other trick I remember is to build up the brachialis with hammers and reverse curls.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
There was this kid in school, never lifted a day in his life. When he made a muscle it looked like someone stuck a apple in his arm, lucky fucker.

When i do DB preacher curls at the top i do a little twist and squeeze, you could definetly the difference from just going up and down.

Yessir, you taught me that a while back in the gym. I've been doing it ever since.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I agree that genetics will dictate the biceps peak. However, the exercise that hits my peaks the best for me is cable curls, with extended contraction with cable handles right at my ears. I find that a lower weight allows me to hold the weight longer at the peak bicep contraction, and really helps me focus on the target muscle and squeeze.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
On every Bicep exercise contract the muscle at the top and hold for at least 3 seconds.

Seabass

Seabass

Feb 19, 2011
Not to hijack this thread, or start an argument, but that's what I'm saying.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic