Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How to eat canned tuna without globs of Mayo?

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Put it over cup of rice and warm in the microwave, add some soysauce, or suracha, green chilli sauce... I also put ranch dressing, or ceaser dressing.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Mustard, salt, pepper, relish, and a sprinkle of hot sauce. Doesn't even taste like tuna anymore.

S

starquest maniac

Oct 11, 2012
I use Franks Hot Sauce! I put that shit on everything! But then again, im that bro that eats everything hot & spicy

P

pythonsweb39

Dec 20, 2016
I like it plain out of the can but only eat the darker kind and only in water vegetable oil is horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Veganaise. I am weird about tuna. I have to eat it right after I make it. I like it with scallion or diced red onion, mayo always grosssd me out. I happened to be visiting a friend in LA like ten or more years ago and we were at a big celebs house and he turned me onto this stuff when making us sandwiches it's great and doesn't gross me out like mayo did. It's not low cal but a great option for people like me who cringe at mayo (sauce made from eggs sold at room temp) I mix it with hot sauce and dip chicken breast in it. So good.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
If you eat tons of tuna, swordfish, or shark steaks, make sure you get the mercury level checked at your yearly blood test.
We have polluted the sea so badly that the huge, predatory fish are loaded these days.
By the time mercury does damage, you're in trouble. The damage is likely permanent, and it's a bitch to get out of your system. Eating cilantro helps.
I used to eat tons of it, but I'm an obsessed fisherman so I read a lot of studies and they are bleak.
Now I just buy cartons of egg whites and drink them down.
Easier than eating tuna, but more $$ too.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Fat free mayo, sweet relish, a little mustard and banana peppers. It's a staple meal for me.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Now I just buy cartons of egg whites and drink them down.
Easier than eating tuna, but more $$ too.

I'll be pasturizing mine when I get into a decent place....Will save a ton of money!... It's not hard to do!...

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
For canned chicken salad, add a bit of lite Mayo, diced apples, halved grapes, and truvia to taste. One of the best chicken salads I ever had

For canned tuna, add a bit of lite mayo, sweet or dill relish (I prefer sweet), egg whites, and onions.

An alternative tuna salad could be a sweeter version with honey mustard, sweet relish, and yellow onions. Sometimes this needs to be balanced, and I have heard of people using Greek yogurt as a way of doing that. If you do that, you can add other sweet stuff, like dried cranberries.

S

Superman5000

Jan 8, 2018
Years ago I went through a phase of eating tuna with some lemon, maybe 2-3 cans a day for a few months. I was in the best shape of my life and in an instant I just couldn't eat it anymore. Would take almost a few glasses of water to down a few bites. I laid off of it for a while, probably 8-9 years now. The other day I wanted something to eat and decided to pop open a can, squirted some lemon and dear god. Just one bite and I chugged a whole glass of water and just couldn't do it anymore. Was like eating styrofoam. Anyone have any tips on canned tuna that doesn't require all that shitty mayo?
I hear you, but mayo is life. haha I would personally only put a little and add extra spices like; garlic salt, or all purpose spice, maybe kick it up a notch with something spicy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic