How to eat canned tuna without globs of Mayo?

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by +50, Dec 29, 2016.

1. OldManStrength

OldManStrength VIP Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Put it over cup of rice and warm in the microwave, add some soysauce, or suracha, green chilli sauce... I also put ranch dressing, or ceaser dressing.

2. Goliac7

Goliac7 MuscleHead

Feb 20, 2015
    Mustard, salt, pepper, relish, and a sprinkle of hot sauce. Doesn't even taste like tuna anymore.

3. starquest maniac

starquest maniac VIP Member

Oct 11, 2012
    I use Franks Hot Sauce! I put that shit on everything! But then again, im that bro that eats everything hot & spicy

4. pythonsweb39

pythonsweb39 Member

Dec 20, 2016
    I like it plain out of the can but only eat the darker kind and only in water vegetable oil is horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. matthewk04

matthewk04 VIP Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Veganaise. I am weird about tuna. I have to eat it right after I make it. I like it with scallion or diced red onion, mayo always grosssd me out. I happened to be visiting a friend in LA like ten or more years ago and we were at a big celebs house and he turned me onto this stuff when making us sandwiches it's great and doesn't gross me out like mayo did. It's not low cal but a great option for people like me who cringe at mayo (sauce made from eggs sold at room temp) I mix it with hot sauce and dip chicken breast in it. So good.

6. Snake

Snake VIP Member

May 1, 2011
    If you eat tons of tuna, swordfish, or shark steaks, make sure you get the mercury level checked at your yearly blood test.
    We have polluted the sea so badly that the huge, predatory fish are loaded these days.
    By the time mercury does damage, you're in trouble. The damage is likely permanent, and it's a bitch to get out of your system. Eating cilantro helps.
    I used to eat tons of it, but I'm an obsessed fisherman so I read a lot of studies and they are bleak.
    Now I just buy cartons of egg whites and drink them down.
    Easier than eating tuna, but more $$ too.

7. MPMC

MPMC VIP Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Fat free mayo, sweet relish, a little mustard and banana peppers. It's a staple meal for me.

8. FLEXjs

FLEXjs TID Board Of Directors

Apr 23, 2012
    Eat steak instead. Problem solved.

DieYoungStrong likes this.
  9. cactusflower

cactusflower TID Lady Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Mix it with Salsa! So YUM!

10. BackAtIt

BackAtIt Senior Member

Oct 3, 2016

I'll be pasturizing mine when I get into a decent place....Will save a ton of money!... It's not hard to do!...

11. shortz

shortz Beard of Knowledge VIP

May 6, 2013
    For canned chicken salad, add a bit of lite Mayo, diced apples, halved grapes, and truvia to taste. One of the best chicken salads I ever had

For canned tuna, add a bit of lite mayo, sweet or dill relish (I prefer sweet), egg whites, and onions.

An alternative tuna salad could be a sweeter version with honey mustard, sweet relish, and yellow onions. Sometimes this needs to be balanced, and I have heard of people using Greek yogurt as a way of doing that. If you do that, you can add other sweet stuff, like dried cranberries.