How to eat canned tuna without globs of Mayo?

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by +50, Dec 29, 2016.

1. +50

+50 Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Years ago I went through a phase of eating tuna with some lemon, maybe 2-3 cans a day for a few months. I was in the best shape of my life and in an instant I just couldn't eat it anymore. Would take almost a few glasses of water to down a few bites. I laid off of it for a while, probably 8-9 years now. The other day I wanted something to eat and decided to pop open a can, squirted some lemon and dear god. Just one bite and I chugged a whole glass of water and just couldn't do it anymore. Was like eating styrofoam. Anyone have any tips on canned tuna that doesn't require all that shitty mayo?

2. .X.

.X. Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Mix some soy sauce and honey. Then, heat it gently up in a microwave and pour it over the canned tuna.

starquest maniac, BLTC and trentracks like this.
  3. Determined

Determined VIP Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Mustard

KYMISTWALKER and BLTC like this.
  4. LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS VIP Member

Nov 1, 2010
    balsamic vinegar...with leafy greens.

5. Rider

Rider TID Board Of Directors

Aug 27, 2010
    That's my trick too!

LITTLEMAGS likes this.
  6. luckysaint

luckysaint VIP Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Bro I just read this and about fell out my chair!!!...lmao... To this day I still eat canned tuna and there are only 2 ways I do it without any dismay. 1st way is to pour a tblsp of olive oil on top then sprinkle garlic powder, mix and down it. Hardly even taste like tuna and still has all the benefits. 2nd is to take 8-10oz of V-8 Juice add 2 cans of tuna an blend, goes down like a champ!! Tuna has been my staple for many years. I grow like a weed on it and consume about 5-8 cans per day. Mercury does nothing to me, but may to some!!

Lucky

ironhardempress and Rider like this.
  7. Jenner

Jenner LeanMachine Staff Member

Jan 9, 2012
  8. Yaya

Yaya VIP Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Put peanut butter or globs of hummus on it

9. trentracks

trentracks TID Board Of Directors

Apr 23, 2011
    I'm geoss I use sweet pickle relish or BBQ sauce but gunna try some of the other ideas here I call my can opener the neighborhood cat call also lil bitches come running

10. Mrhat

Mrhat VIP Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Oldbay... Sprinkle it right in the can. But I only eat the solid white tuna.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Determined likes this.
  11. Lizard King

Lizard King Administrator Staff Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Spicy mustard or hot dog relish work wonders

Determined likes this.
  12. DobieQueen

DobieQueen VIP Member

Dec 12, 2013
    I usually make it into little bite size pancakes if I can't handle plain tuna.

Mix canned tuna (drained) with 1 egg and 1 egg white (or all egg whites) mix well. Use spray oil on a pan, when hot drop some tuna mixture on pan, flatten with fork and voila! Tuna pancakes. tastes better than it sounds!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk