Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

How to drop down that extra 3% body fat cardie

JTruthNutrition

JTruthNutrition

Jan 19, 2012
Hi, I felt i had to get involved in this post as this is what i do for a living... rather than create diet plans for beginners i try to find alternatives using low GI and more nutritionally dense foods. As another guy said in this thread, the cardio is not needed, just alter the way you train to a more HIT style of training. I am living proof that you can reach 6% BF with ZERO cardio and no thermogenics... and yes, genetics do play a part in this but i have helped other achieve this time and time again.

Breakfast - Water - Oatmeal (low fat milk), 2 x wholemeal toast- coffee
Breakfast - Water - Spelt puffs/Quinoa puffs (low Gi and GL), 2 X Spelt & Rye Bread - coffee

Mid Morning - 4 scrambled egg whites, fat free cottage cheese, or bagel and peanut butter
Forget the bagel, maybe use spelt & rye bread instead of the bagel and keep the peanut butter as a thin spread, try using a natural peanut butter.

Lunch - Wholemeal pasta, chicken and salad and protein shake
Lunch - Dreamfields Pasta (low gi, 5g net carbs per serving) and the rest is cool assuming your protein shake isn't full or sugar and you are using water or light soy.

Mid afternoon - almonds and mixed nuts
Mid afternoon - 3 beans salad with Bulgar wheat (low GI and high protein)

Main evening meal - it varies from pasta/potatoes/rice - chicken/beef/fish - green veg
Spelt Pasta/Dreamfields Pasta/Carrot & sweet potato mash (low GI) and the meats and veg are cool

Evening snack - Oatmeal or wholemeal cereal or wholemeal toast with cottage cheese or penut butter.
Evening snack - Low fat fromage Frais (3g carbs per 100g & low GI) with sugar free jelly and a scoop of protein powder (nice dessert to hit your sweet tooth with next to no sugar)

domorefitness

domorefitness

Mar 23, 2012
If you feel your diet is playing a part then change that up im not gonna say your diet is bad or good but I don't see anything wrong with your diet and judging by the fact it got you that fat, your diet should be fine. My only recommendation would be more water and more dietary fats most of your foods are fat free(modified to be that way) and good fats get removed. The only other source of fat I see if the nuts you eat and your evening meal meaning your likely lacking in fats that could be helping you lose weight. But those are small things, I would say not to focus on the diet, focus on what you do in the gym. In the gym do high intensity work, whether its cardio or weights it needs to be high intensity with little to no rest. High intensity because that will give you a varying intensity and make sure things arn't consistent to prevent your body from adapting to it. You DO not need cardio, however it does help. I don't care how many people told you that you don't need it or that there is living proof, the truth is you DO NOT need the cardio but it helps. Which is like me saying you don't need steroids... but it helps, you get what I mean as much as you do not 100% need it to make things happen it's undeniable that it will help you out a lot. You only speed things up with cardio. At this point in the game all and any cardio you do should not exceed 30 minuites, if it does your wasting your time for a number of reasons. It means it is not intense enough and your being too consistent. On top of this after about 30 minuites your body starts to get stressed because it had no break and begins to be catabolic and counter productive releasing horrible hormones that are only going to hold you back... ONLY SHORT INTENSE from now on. Now I said you can use weights, what does this mean, high intensity with weights. Which means cut the rest times as much as you can, things like drop sets and supersets can help with this. MRT is short for metabolic resistence training read that it is basically the idea behind what im trying to explain with the high intensity incorporation with weights. Generally in order to cut the rest times and basically turn your weight training to be very metabolic and fat burning you would usually drop the weight. Which means you take less focus on the strength training part of lifting.... wait a minuite is that not what cardio is? Whether you call it cardio or not the concept of cardio is what is making us lose this weight that is all im getting at and the level your at right now you need to be doing some specific things. There is a benefit from using weights you cannot get from cardio, largely because of the RESITENCE aspect producing hormones that cardio will never get you because of what the body is doing. My conclusion please do yourself a favor and do both... if you ABSOLUTELY hate cardio again I said it was going to be high intensity but if you stil hate it then get rid of it, understand it will help you.

S

sprawl33

Aug 15, 2013
so much planning and effort to get to that 5%, more power to ya man I dont think I could do it.
I cut for a fight and I hate it, what can i say i love food

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic