Members
Latest Member
pbtom

How to deal with excess skin...

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
so what exactly is causing the loose skin, is it part of what happens when you get to that low of BF for the competing?

There are a lot of contributors to how & where people tend to carry their bodyfat. When I look back at my college pix, I didn't do much in the way of leg work - I actually didn't get really good squat instruction until I was well into my 30s and I started lifting at 15. Obviously mostly on my own. The end result is that I tend to carry more bodyfat in my hips / thighs (genetically & structurally) - so over the years I just never had a 'perky butt' to begin with. When I cut down, the butt still remains as the last thing that tightens up. And its been literally down to the day of the show after a lot of posing, dieting and somehow the drying of the spray-on tan added that last little bit. But still an issue. So I guess for me, its the loss of elasticity at this point in my life, 40 years of not a tight ass, and structurally I just have a flat, wide butt. And probably a lifetime of sitting in front of a computer isn't helping me. And as I mentioned - I did talk to a cosmetic surgeon about it and, literally the only option is something similar to a tummy tuck where they cut a long line and basically just pull it all up and re-sew. And the long sewed line remains as a scar. So the only thing left to do is really to attempt to fill it out because the skin that is there, is what I have to work with.

Outside of that, you can attempt to diet down more for a show for that area to tighten up even more or drop whatever water might be remainign in the skin - but then you have to balance that w/ how the rest of your body presents the lost of bodyfat & water in those areas - the less fatty areas can end up looking stringy.

The best bet is to constantly continue to condition your body w/ the plyometrics so over time it 'learns' to tighten up and you've done a body recomp in that area in a little more refined way. And then working to add a little more muscle in the glute itself.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
That and don't get old :) Luckily I also have old man ass at 43 when I diet down so she's in god company.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
There are a lot of contributors to how & where people tend to carry their bodyfat. When I look back at my college pix, I didn't do much in the way of leg work - I actually didn't get really good squat instruction until I was well into my 30s and I started lifting at 15. Obviously mostly on my own. The end result is that I tend to carry more bodyfat in my hips / thighs (genetically & structurally) - so over the years I just never had a 'perky butt' to begin with. When I cut down, the butt still remains as the last thing that tightens up. And its been literally down to the day of the show after a lot of posing, dieting and somehow the drying of the spray-on tan added that last little bit. But still an issue. So I guess for me, its the loss of elasticity at this point in my life, 40 years of not a tight ass, and structurally I just have a flat, wide butt. And probably a lifetime of sitting in front of a computer isn't helping me. And as I mentioned - I did talk to a cosmetic surgeon about it and, literally the only option is something similar to a tummy tuck where they cut a long line and basically just pull it all up and re-sew. And the long sewed line remains as a scar. So the only thing left to do is really to attempt to fill it out because the skin that is there, is what I have to work with.

Outside of that, you can attempt to diet down more for a show for that area to tighten up even more or drop whatever water might be remainign in the skin - but then you have to balance that w/ how the rest of your body presents the lost of bodyfat & water in those areas - the less fatty areas can end up looking stringy.

The best bet is to constantly continue to condition your body w/ the plyometrics so over time it 'learns' to tighten up and you've done a body recomp in that area in a little more refined way. And then working to add a little more muscle in the glute itself.

Very interesting, I was thinking more along the lines of loss of elasticity as you mention being the main culprit. I would think that it's not an easy thing to fill out that area...just thinking about a boob job, same thing really...especially if the ones you have are deflated (for lack of a better word) getting the implants fill that skin out. I haven't had to deal with this yet except for the breasts...I'm sure I will at some point :(

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Thanks ladies, surgery was never on the table. It conceals well into her posing suit and a little bite keeps it in. Lol at fat weight...not really conducive to winning in WP ;) I'll check out that suggestion TG, a temporary effect would be fine and buy some time until the skin bounces back on its own.

I love her body regardless and she does too, she's just a little self conscious when parading around the bedroom for me.

Yea it works for the last of my water weight in my tummy and tightens the skin

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Yea it works for the last of my water weight in my tummy and tightens the skin
She purchased the basic kit today. I'll let you know how well she does with it. BTW I managed to figure out who you are by a new member post today. You my friend are a knockout..(the Mrs. agrees) I can't wait til your back is better so we can see you on stage again.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
She purchased the basic kit today. I'll let you know how well she does with it. BTW I managed to figure out who you are by a new member post today. You my friend are a knockout..(the Mrs. agrees) I can't wait til your back is better so we can see you on stage again.
Thank you :) i hope she gets good results

Valiant

Valiant

Jan 2, 2014
doesnt seem like enough of a weight change to be an issue I would just add weighted glute bridges (shoulders on bench) until she's doing three sets of at least ten with 225. basically fill it up with more glute.

Otherwise youre looking at surgery and thats nuts

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I would say she should perform lifts that really work the hams and glutes like sumo pulls, glute ham raises, glute bridges, etc. Also cardio should be running stadiums which will also help the area.

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Is it just me? I do not see a problem. GH did wonders for my skin. Heavy basic squats will put a bit more meat back there. She is already very muscular (in a good way) probably a bit to much for bikini.

In any event, my friend, you have what I call a luxury problem. Wife is gorgeous, IMO.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The wrap did have a slight cosmetic effect. After the season ended we went on an all out glute/ham attack for bulking. She's 15wks out so we'll soon see if the skin tightened up and if adding mass worked. The bikini girl I prepped turned us on the some "secret cheek moves" that seemed to work lol!

Seira_1337

Seira_1337

TID Lady Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've dealt with my share of loose skin due to fast weight loss. I have had some sucess with wraps and massage. Any product/ application that promotes collagen production and elasticity is helpful. Does she hit the tanning bed often? The rays from tanning beds decrease collagen production and can contribute to sagging skin.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic