Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400

How to DEADLIFT - Sumo

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
A brief (not really) explanation of some of the things you should consider when deciding on your deadlift technique

Points covered include stance width, toe out angle, grip width, hip position and execution.

[video]https://youtu.be/IePuEo9qwLE[/video]

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
Real men pull conventional.... :p Good video. I would love to do an IPF meet if it weren't for the fact, that, well, I can't..lol

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Real men pull conventional.... Good video. I would love to do an IPF meet if it weren't for the fact, that, well, I can't..lol
You're just jealous of my superior hip mobility!!!!

Best comment I ever got from a training partner "there is no dignity is sumo deadlifting"

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
You're just jealous of my superior hip mobility!!!!

Best comment I ever got from a training partner "there is no dignity is sumo deadlifting"

haha. That is awesome.

I actually did a whole training cycle sumo this offseason, god I am awful at it. I am a mid 600lb deadlifter and barely got into the low 5's sumo. :(

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
haha. That is awesome.

I actually did a whole training cycle sumo this offseason, god I am awful at it. I am a mid 600lb deadlifter and barely got into the low 5's sumo. :(
How'd that carry over to your conventional though?!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Was wondering the same thing. Thinking of do just that... training sumo as my main pull for 4-6months.

JoeFriday

JoeFriday

MuscleHead
Mar 21, 2014
Hm. My form is lacking; I might try these next time and see how these go.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Was wondering the same thing. Thinking of do just that... training sumo as my main pull for 4-6months.
I did that a few years ago and got my sumo up to 520. Then had to take 6 months off with just being able to do body weight squats and lunges... then came back and pulled conventional for 600, which was like a 65 lbs PR! Rocked conventional for the last year and pulled sumo off 2" blocks and tripled that 520... then went higher and tripled that too. It's ALL related!

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015

I think it helped. My deadlift was stuck for a while, and I feel that got it going again. I have also seen the same with a few others in the gym. If for nothing else to give yourself a break on it, change in stimulus, and come back to it after a few months.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic