Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

How to begin a diet.....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Coming to that time I year, where I usually decide to pull things in a tad tighter. Come home from gym tonight to find my daughter, who just got her license on Sat, drove to Dunkin Donuts and brought everyone some donuts, and my wife stocked the freezer. 8 new tubs of icecream/sherbert.... :)

Ate two donuts....one bowl of the peanut butter fudge icecream and a bowl of rainbow sherbert. Maybe start pulling back next week ;)

gCqD8Cy.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Host a TID Sugar Bulking Party.

problem solved

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Host a TID Sugar Bulking Party.

problem solved

I have still been doing it! The donught and high fat icecream really dont fit, but that is the reason I have had my wife getting the sherbert. Pure sugar, no fat. Been doing it 3 months and overall it is a positive experience. Consuming MASSIVE 200g (800cals) of pure sugars post workout has really shown me how far I can push it with not only no negative effects, but some positive.

When I start pulling back carbs soon, I may leave this in once...maybe twice a week. My goal for this summer is get in better shape than last year (which I got pretty tight). Overall, I am just creeping on how lean I can get and stay there without too many ill effects. The biggest downside is I feel more and more fragile/achy the leaner I get. Getting and staying below 10%-ish, everything starts to hurt a little. That was one of the reasons I wanted to try the 'sugar bulking' to see if I could up my glycogen retention and feel a little better. I would say it has worked some in that regard.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I don't suffer from chronic dedication, but "Like" anyway.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
It's great being lean and insulin sensitive. You can eat junk here and there and wont even notice the slightest bit of difference in the mirror except maybe looking fuller.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
It's great being lean and insulin sensitive. You can eat junk here and there and wont even notice the slightest bit of difference in the mirror except maybe looking fuller.

I went into starting IF over a year ago with the idea that if it's only benefits were appetite suppression, it was worth it. Being on it for just over a year, I am starting to believe heavily that the benefits are more than just that. They are subtle and not magic, but there is surely something different going on. I have seen it in my blood work too.

D

davgtr93

Mar 9, 2021
I don't like diets because after them you always want to eat everything in the house. So I choose my meals in such a way that there is room for something sweet and healthy as well.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I don't think my grocery store has that much ice cream in their freezers....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
O boy..... That was a year ago. And good timing.

Over the past year, I have let my diet slip COVID wise. My weight has drifted up about 10lbs. Really I just enjoyed eating ;) I also felt better and actually got to where my shoulders were OK with 'heavy' lifting again.

But time to pay the piper. I guess it is about time I pulled in again!

Sh!t, I wish I had not seen this:D

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I feel your pain man, every week end I go home, and the house is full of yummy junk food. After all week Ive been super good. It’s so tempting to just eat all the crap in the house...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic