Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

How much of what do i need to eat?

Mikeywaine1

Mikeywaine1

Jul 5, 2016
I'm a 17 year old lifter, who takes it seriously (not some high schooler who occasionally does bench press). I've got the lifting part down, what I need now is the nutrition part.. I don't know much about it, so dumb it down a little? haha. I weigh 180, my goal is above 200.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
17 years old
180lbs

What's your height? Daily activity level? How many days per week do you train and how long?

Mikeywaine1

Mikeywaine1

Jul 5, 2016
im 6 foot exactly, i train 1-2 hours in my gym everyday (aside from one day off per week). I train one muscle group per day (Chest-Monday, Triceps-Tuesday, Biceps-Wednesday, Shoulders-Thursday, Back-Friday, and then Legs on saturday, sunday being off)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Thinking less than 2 hrs per workout, less than 6 days per week, combine a few of the bodyparts you list into the days others are worked, with Bi's and Tri's being the 2nd priorities.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You aren't going to get bigger training like that...

You should be pressing squatting and deadlifting at least twice per week. An entire day for biceps is not going to put weight on you. That's a waste of time.

Start training like that and add milk to each meal.

Mikeywaine1

Mikeywaine1

Jul 5, 2016
thanks guys! will definitely try this out

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
Your best bet to hit 200lbs is to start a log of your daily routine, food and lifts. Then by trial and error and coaching you'll start to grow. Your diet, rest and time will get you there.

daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016
Personally, at your age and activity level..I'd be eating everything in site (figure of speech) and train a primary muscle with a secondary. What also helped me because of my size was also strengthening my stabilizer muscles. I'm 6'8 so I needed to put emphasis on working those areas too.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
However many calories you're taking in in a day right now...(prolly not enough at 6' 180lbs)...add 500-750cals starting today. Eat four whole graham crackers with Natural Peanut butter and a Whey/Egg/Casein shake every night before bed every night of the week. You are primed to grow like a weed at 17yrs. You gotta train big 4 (Squat, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Barbell Rows) and leave the isolation exercises for when you're 210lbs and want to admire your progress.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
However many calories you're taking in in a day right now...(prolly not enough at 6' 180lbs)...add 500-750cals starting today. Eat four whole graham crackers with Natural Peanut butter and a Whey/Egg/Casein shake every night before bed every night of the week. You are primed to grow like a weed at 17yrs. You gotta train big 4 (Squat, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Barbell Rows) and leave the isolation exercises for when you're 210lbs and want to admire your progress.

Again, Mike hits the nail on the head.

In addition, if you want to take it to the next level, start logging your food consumption, and standardize what you are eating. Eat the same breakfast, lunch and dinner day in and day out, with maybe 1 day off per week. Increase the protein to 1.5 to 2 g per lb of bodyweight. Once you have those things under control, you can start manipulating your macros and daily calories to achieve your goals. For example, if you want to gain muscle, increase your food intake until you are gaining 1 to 2 lbs per month. If you start getting fat, cut back on the carbs, starting with simple sugars, then starches. Replace those with protein and a little fat (very little fat). If you're having trouble gaining weight, increase all your food, especially protein and carbs, until you are gaining 1 to 2 lbs per month. If you're gaining more than 1 to 2 lbs per month, you are probably gaining more fat than muscle. Even gaining 1 to 2 lbs per month you will be gaining some fat and will need to do a cut once or twice per year. Good luck and find someone who knows what they are doing and ask them to help you educate yourself!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
if you seriously want to grow your muscles then i would like to highly recommend supplement. i am also taking this same supplemenet and I just finished my first bottle. After about 2 weeks you really start to feel the effects. In the gym after working out I my muscles get a lot more pumped and they seem to grow faster. Also it has really kicked in down stairs if you know what I mean. I haven't woken up with the morning wood like that in years! lol. So yes I would definitely try it.. there has been no side effects for me at all, its easy on the stomach and no negative mood changes. Just be patient and give it a few weeks to get in your system and you'll see what I'm talking about!

This just sounds like marketing to me. I don't know what sunestron is, but I am betting it isn't that effective and won't do much for a 17 year old at his hormonal peak and could do more harm than good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic