Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How Much $$$ Do You Pay for a TRT script?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
We have enough of us Veterans around here we could almost have a sub-forum specific to dealing with the VA and Tricare. One of those "if I knew back then what I know now..." kinda things
The crazy thing with the VA, it is different clinic to clinic. They have a saying, "One VA". My PTSD counselor says it is the biggest lie in the VA. Black Hills just gives you whatever you want, seriously. Need TRT, here you go. Need chiropractic, you don't even have to ask. Why you are at it, why not try acupuncture and other alternative stuff. Want implants, sign here. No shit, nothing was off the table with those guys. Now back in MO. Fuck you, unless you need opiods and pyschotropics. They had those out like candy. The difference, Black Hills no large military installations around. Where I am in MO, we have a large base where most guys come to retire.

78steeler

Mar 21, 2023
I see the doctors 2x a year. Bloodwork and visits approximately $700 for the year… prescriptions as needed from a compounding pharmacy.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
My cost has doubled in the past year. California won't allow compounded test to be sent across state lines and retail HG from these clinics approaching $300 a vial. Will be moving to self trt now.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
We have enough of us Veterans around here we could almost have a sub-forum specific to dealing with the VA and Tricare. One of those "if I knew back then what I know now..." kinda things
I got out with 20% disability (severance) I don't have a raiting thru the VA

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You should definitely file a claim devil dog! If you got out of the Corps with enough medical problems to rate severance then you definitely rate VA disability. That is of course, unless you sign a waiver stating you wouldn't file one, because you were receiving severance.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
I’m 100% permanent & total and I definitely agree.
You should file a VA disability claim based on your med board rating.
Being medically retired doesn’t necessarily preclude you from qualifying for a similar VA rating.
I have filed seven separate claims, all of them on my own without legal assistance or representation and have won every claim.
Give it a shot. The VA has to give valid reason to deny your claim. Otherwise, the benefit of the doubt favors the veteran.
It also helps a lot if you have combat experience, at least 30 days.
That’s their general policy. If you bring the evidence, then they have to either disprove your evidence or pay up.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I’m 100% permanent & total and I definitely agree.
You should file a VA disability claim based on your med board rating.
Being medically retired doesn’t necessarily preclude you from qualifying for a similar VA rating.
I have filed seven separate claims, all of them on my own without legal assistance or representation and have won every claim.
Give it a shot. The VA has to give valid reason to deny your claim. Otherwise, the benefit of the doubt favors the veteran.
It also helps a lot if you have combat experience, at least 30 days.
That’s their general policy. If you bring the evidence, then they have to either disprove your evidence or pay up.
Absolutely! I am 100% T&P as well and thought I wasn't going to get much, because my medical record was pretty lean even after 22 years. Came back 90% and I was told to appeal it by the VSO, so I did and they increased it.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
Absolutely! I am 100% T&P as well and thought I wasn't going to get much, because my medical record was pretty lean even after 22 years. Came back 90% and I was told to appeal it by the VSO, so I did and they increased it.
Same here my brother. I got 90% first time around and then 100% p & t about three years later.
Now I’m getting SMC-S permanently housebound pay rate which is even higher than 100%.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I pay $100 twice a year for blood work and use UGL Test U for my TRT so about $150 per year for that. So $350-400 per year.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I have good health insurance. Just $5/visit to endo 2x/year and $5/month for test gel, blood work is free. I can accomplish the same with test gel as injections. I kinda game it a bit. Based upon my true readings, I should be doing one pump a day, but I normally do two. Before my blood tests, I drop it down to one pump for a few days, so it's right at the bottom of normal. Doc prescribes two pumps, so I'm getting twice as much as I should be. When I'm *on*, I stop with the pumps. I've got probably 20 bottles of 1.62% gel laying around that I've accumulated over the years.

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
I fill the script without insurance coverage for $60. That’s a 10ml via of test cyp right from the pharmacy. Lucky find for me independent place and they said they sell a shit ton of it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic