Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How many years training before you developed decent pecs?

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
Just curious what your experiences are. In my case after about 10 years the thickness and shape is about optimal. I think the muscle maturity also has something to do with it.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
for myself it was 5 yrs.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
3-5 years on average. of course everybody is different and training combined with genes play a part as well but after 3-5 years one should know how to train to develop ANY muscle group and how theirs in specific will react to what types of training and exercises

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I think a big part of it is genetics. For me chest and shoulders were pretty fast to develop. Other body parts not so much.

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
ive been hitting the weights for 20 years now so i cant remember but i do remember how different my body was after gear

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
it didnt take me too long. chest and shoulders were my strong point. at the same time i have never found anything to really make my back grow...

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
it didnt take me too long. chest and shoulders were my strong point. at the same time i have never found anything to really make my back grow...

I feel your pain goldy, me and you must have similar genetics....its all gonna depend on that too, I have freinds who are jacked and can bench a ton, but their chest development is wayyy behind...trick is not letting your shoulders dominate the movements.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I feel your pain goldy, me and you must have similar genetics....its all gonna depend on that too, I have freinds who are jacked and can bench a ton, but their chest development is wayyy behind...trick is not letting your shoulders dominate the movements.

Funny thing is AJ, i have never gone uber heavy on bench. i like to go real slow which hinders me from piling on the weight, if i try to go at a normal pace, even with the same weight i go slow with, i fail almost immediately. very weird, but it works for me... i dont think i have ever tried to bench over 275.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
STONE LOADS ! That'll make your back big.Or keg and sandbag carries.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
pull ups pull ups and rope climbs as for my chest?? i dont know with a single father that was military --i always had to do pushups if i got in trouble now to get ripped that was awhile

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'll never be happy with my pecs. So my answer is forever.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic