Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How many trap excercises do you do?

C

chrome

Sep 14, 2010
I usually do traps with shoulders even though they are technically back.
How many trap exercises do you do per session? I have usually only blasted them with one exercise but was thinking of adding another.

What do you folks think?

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
One... Traps dont need much, they dont to grow easy.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Depends on your traps, lol. Some people's traps develop with little or no focus, while some have to blast theirs. Personally I feel like my traps are hit the hardest on shoulder day so I throw in a lift or two for traps at the end of the workout. That's what works for me.

Renegade69

Renegade69

Sep 11, 2010
Quite a few, consisting of multiple sets. Barbell shrugs to the front, Barbell shrugs behind the back, Dumbbell shrugs.....Do 4 sets of each SLOW and you will see results in about 2 -3 weeks. Works like a charm. Stick to medium weight and stay in the 12-15 rep range with very good form.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
my traps used to grow pretty proportionately to the rest of my body. i just used upright rows on shoulder day and deads on back day to hit em. everyone is diff with traps tho.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
I find deadlift, racked DL work welll

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I usually do 2-3 exercises consisting of various rep ranges and weights. I begin with dumbbell shrugs, then i do barbell shrugs to the front and i finish off my workout with standing barbell rows to the neck. I do anywhere from 6-15 reps (depending on the exercise). I always work my traps with my shoulders. Thankfully i have good sized and shaped traps that grow easily.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
4-6 sets with very high reps(20-30 usually) works best for me. I back off training traps when it comes competition time because they are so disproportionately larger than the rest of me. I've just been slacking lately on them. I frequent 2 gyms, one has the Hammer Strength Shrug machine and if I'm there on shoulder/trap day, then I'll jump on it. It feels the best.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Once you find what really makes them grow, start to consider your overall shoulder development... If you are small in the deltoid department, huge traps will just exaggerate how small your delts are.

For me, I just do 4 or 5 working sets of barbell or dumbell shrugs at the end of shoulder day.

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
i feel like i hit my traps hard on shoulder days just from shoulder exercises. i do heavy weight upright rows and and do negatives for my traps, it burns! then at the end of my shoulder routine i like to do behind the back smith shrugs, stepping out from the bar and doing heavy, slow shrugs, 3-4 sets of 15. finish with a lighter weight dumbell shrugs for high reps. kills em!

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
4-6 sets with very high reps(20-30 usually) works best for me.

^^^^ me too. Ussually I'll do 3 sets of dumbell shrugs of 30 reps w/the 65lber's; then I'll take the 25's and do shoulder raises for 8-10 reps always keeping my elbows higher than my hands.

D

dsamayoa

Mar 15, 2011
I like to do olympic weightlifting exercises so that involves snatch, snatch pulls, cleans, and clean pulls. Traps are worked pretty hard with these exercises so I rarely do any exercises isolating my traps

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic