Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How Long Would It Take...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
for the COVID-19 to be eradicated, IF EVERYONE on the planet were to stay in their homes and ALL animals contained some how, hypothetically?...Of course, given that EVERYONE had a home and had plenty of the normal necessities that humans would need to live for the normal life expectancy which is 70-80 years anyway...Would the virus die off then and how long would it take?...

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
No because:

A). someone would do something.

B). at this point what difference does it make.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
No because:

A). someone would do something.

B). at this point what difference does it make.

A). That's why we strong arm em, then it is assured!...U know, police em, make em, force em!!!!Hitler style!...

B). Because they keep dragging it out!...Claiming there will be a second wave!!!!!!!....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
In the weight loss forum, does the 'rona help you drop lbs? ? Better or worse than DNP? Opinions?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Your hypothetical answer is 2 weeks. Once you get it, it takes 2 weeks to clear.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The Herpes virus can be dormant in the CNS for years. I doubt at this point that COVID-19 will ever be eradicated.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
...not to be Debby Downer or anything :p

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
The Herpes virus can be dormant in the CNS for years. I doubt at this point that COVID-19 will ever be eradicated.

Seems like this will make it easier to implement Contact Tracing!....U know, we got to do it to save mankind!....:)

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

How about instead of fake news, we rely on first hand accounts? Here is what our own Mike_RN says about Covid-19 in the hospital he works in, from a post this past Wednesday, April 30, 2020:

So NJ is in deep shit. I haven't been posting simply because I have nothing left in the tank after a shift. The symptoms are now everything from "stroke like" to diarrhea, to fainting spells and runaway blood sugars. Essentially everything that walks thru the doors besides obvious trauma is being treated as positive.

Much like NYC we are now rationing everything especially gowns. Their are state laws in place for VRE and MRSA patients that we MUST be gowned to care for them. Suddenly Monday we are being told the new policy is that we are NOT to use gowns for MRSA/VRE anymore. The masks we are given (donated by FEMA) are like tissue paper and the ear loops break the first time you talk in one. We are now officially "allowed" to wear PPE from home and nobody from administration is even setting foot in the Emergency Dept or ICUs anymore. Most of us in the ED have been in our own PPE for weeks now but at least we can't be disciplined for it anymore. Again I gotta thank @NavyChief for his donation. I was able to give 4 coworkers a half face respirator and filters thanks to him and my buddy here at home.

I had trouble believing @2ez when he first talked about how bad NY was, I feel bad for doubting because it's here on my doorstep. I salute you bro.

We are pronouncing death after 2 rounds of EPI and CPR. That is less than 10mins of attempt. Check a rhythm give EPI (1min or less),2mins of CPR, rhythm check (10secs),2mins CPR, rhythm check...time of death pronouncement. We are essentially NOT working codes. If you are from a nursing home and come in as an "arrest", you are dead (this is against everything medicine stands for). Everyone I work with is either overwhelmed or numb.

Yes there are still empty beds in our ICUs simply because we are not wasting resources on the dying anymore.

Yes our testing centers are not being utilized. That's because we are seeing FALSE Negatives in the 40% range.

The current RAPID diagnostic tools are basically useless. If you are negative with high suspicion we are sending the 24-48hr tests and they are coming back positive. The federal gov't is lying about availability. We get 20 RAPID swabs a day in our ED...a slow day is 60-80 patients.

If you've ever been at a kill shelter and felt/heard the the dogs who are not going to be adopted...that is what it feels like at work.
I'm a pretty stable person despite seeing many bad things, on the streets, at war and in the ER. I have a brilliant wife who centers me and we are together in all of this. Despite this, I am using THC and drinking nightly for the past 2wks. I can only facetime my kid but at least I am healthy and my wife is doing fine. The single people, especially the new nurses and residents are falling apart. I can't imagine the families with only one Healthcare provider in them. If your husband or wife was doing this everyday how could they even explain what they are seeing?

Outside the police and fireman are parading by our hospitals "saluting the heroes" The fucking Blue Angels did a flyby Monday (what a waste of taxpayer dollars). McDonalds still sends breakfast everyday and my neighbors complain about boredom. Inside we are hurting bad not because "we're all gonna die" but simply because everyone outside of NY/NJ is living a different reality. My fellow vets will intimately understand what I mean. Everything you experienced/are experiencing is nothing but a news story (or worse an exaggeration) to everyone outside of it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic