Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

How long does to take to digest a Protein Shake?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Solid foods all take different times to digest depending on what the food is and how its cooked or not. How long does it take to digest a protein shake? Lets say 40 grams of protein and 10 grams of carbs.....

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Depends on the protein, you know Casein takes a long time that's why I have my Syntha 6 at night.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Time from ingestion to presence in blood:
1) Free Form Aminos (Pharmaceutical grade)- 60 minutes
2) Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (Peptide Level)- 80 minutes
3) WPI- 2-3hrs depending on quality and processing
4) Micellar Casein- Steady delivery 3-6hrs
5) WPC- Indeterminate variability in quality, processing and actual protein content is too high

burkdog24

burkdog24

Apr 10, 2013
According to George Farah, who is one of the best dieticians for bodybuilders, about 20 min. He recommends protein shake wait 20 min then take in your carbs. This maximizes your Growth Hormone levels. He talks about it on youtube at a seminar he did with Kai Greene

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
read some studies a while back done by optimum nutrition that said as a general rule, the body can effectively and fully utilize 60 grams of protein in a single sitting and that 4 hours is the optimum time between consumptions.

it is also why ON limited their servings to 60 grams are thereabouts. but the pro complex powder I use by them is a mixture of proteins. each included for its own merits and I believe they use both fast and slow absorption types.

what for its worth

Last edited:
BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
Read somewhere on average wpc is in and out in 2hrs

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Also it depends on metabolism, overall health,absorption of that specific individual, etc..

Good question.

Like your general absorption rates Mayo. Did you include Pepto Pro into this (pre-digested medical grade)??

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic