Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How long after vasectomy can you return to lifting....REAL lifting

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
The time has been coming for me to be put out to pasture. And a recent scare makes it all the more in the forefront.

I have yet to get a straight answer from anyone on this.

How long after a vasectomy do you have to wait to return to lifting. Is there any type of things you can do?....and then how long before you are deadlifting serious weight...etc.

Heard 6 weeks thrown around....but no one has any real experience with lifters and vasectomies.

Anyone with experience care to share?....

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Seems that 6 weeks gets thrown around for almost every procedure lol.

Good luck... better you than me

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I would say 6 to 8 weeks after stitches come out. But i also have no clue for sure, just thinking about healing times for the tissues.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I had one done and by the 3rd day I felt normal. I was told between 4-7 days to resume light activities just be aware of your nuts. After 7 days you can resume your weight training but I will tell you ease back into it don't go nuts take it easy listen to your body. Make sure that first 24-48 your off your feet as much as possible and your putting ice on it. I've had friends who thought they felt good and this delayed there recovery. Hope this helps and it's a really quick and painless procedure.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Great question - interested to hear experiences ... contemplating this move my damn self!

B

banzibaz

Jul 13, 2011
I was back in training after 10 days. Serious lifting 5 days after that.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Fuck getting snipped make the woman do it ..... lifting problem solved

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I was out of the gym for about 4 weeks. Doc told me no excersize or hanky panky for 2 weeks, i lasted about 3 days with no tail. Dont be worried about nothing, you'll be done in a snip (pun intended). I waited a lil longer before i hit the weights again. Good luck man.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks guys for the feedback.

Nice to get some REAL recovery info compared to the "general" population.

The decision to do this, is based on a number of factors. My wife has been through a bunch and it might be time to step up to the plate for me. Other more conventional options are out. She tried the pill (actually several) and reacted negative to all of them. Even the most mild, totally wiped out ANY sex drive for her.

Being that we are happy with our family as it is and our smallest child just started school, we are just making it past that hump that a lot of marriages dont survive. In the process of re-connecting....well....I guess you could say the frequency is up significantly. Therefore the risk of unexpected pregnancy is much greater.

I got some info on a "scalpel free" procedure which is supposed to be less invasive.... I need to poke around and find out who locally does it.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
My doc had it done in about 30 minutes and I walked out of there. I didn't even feel the shots it really is nothing I'm glad I did it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic