Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

How I got affordable TRT, hope my experience helps out

R

roscoedog

Jun 12, 2013
First I went to a TRT clinic, got my labs done and I have a Test level of 259. I started getting Test 200 from this clinic at a cost of $300 for a 10ml bottle. I got great results! lost 22 lbs, got energy start eating healthy and going to gym. All of this contributed to real good piece of mind and positive attitude and all around better health.

But........the cost was a little hi, so I stopped. Bad business for me. I gained alot of weight. I went from 190lbs to 230lbs. The most weight I have carried around in 10 years. So I went back to the clinic. Another set of labs and another 10ml bottle for $400 total.

What I did next will hopefully help. I took my bottle of Test 200 to CVS at 2am so I knew the pharmacy folks wouldn't be super busy and have some time to talk. I asked for some syringes and showed the tech my bottle so he wouldn't think I'm shooting something else. Told him what I was paying for it and that this DR. I was seeing wouldn't write me a script, but would only sell it to me. He was shocked at the price. After some BS, I got him to print me out all the DR's in my city that "prescribed" test 200 from CVS.

Made an appt with a Nurse Practitioner (male) that has a small practice here that was on the list, brought my bottle in and my labs and he had no problem writing me a script. He also did some blood work all with my insurance. He also said my insurance would pay for it since my number was under 300, but there would be some paperwork I would have to fill out.

But.... I found a compound-er called AnazaoHealth that filled my script for $60 for a 10ml bottle plus shipping $12.50 fex ex 3 day. So after all that I had the Test delivered to my house for $72.50 instead of the $300 I was paying. Now when I refill, I will try CVS and try the insurance route, my copay is $20. But the $72.50 price is very affordable since it lasts 10 weeks, $7.25 a week for something that helps so well is very affordable.

Hope this helps someone who is overpaying from one of the Test Clinics out there, now I need to find cheap HCG, LOL!

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
That doesn't even sound ethical that they would sell you a bottle but not write a script for it...
glad you figure a way around it.. Thanks for the info.
oh did cvs sell you pins?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Was the Dr's office "specializing in preventive medicine" and almost exclusively using "Bioidentical TRT Hormones"?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That doesn't even sound ethical that they would sell you a bottle but not write a script for it...
glad you figure a way around it.. Thanks for the info.
oh did cvs sell you pins?

That's how the trt clinics do it. I had an endo give me options. She would script clomid, script test gel or script the injectable but I would have to go to their office for a shot every two weeks. I asked why can't I do it at home and her reply was that it's a controlled substance. But the test gel I could take home. She was bullshitting me. They wanted my copay every two weeks. Went back to my pcp and told him that and he wrote the script. Now I get it for 10 bucks at the pharmacy and do it myself.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I told my endo my GF was a LPN so she would do my injects, he had no problem scripting it for me. Otherwise I would have to go in for my pokes as well. Forget that! He has a compounding pharmacy that mixes up his test in Las Vegas, $40 a bottle.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
yea, my dr. was going to let me take them home also but I told him I wanted to do test p myself so he scripted me a bottle at my dose, cost me 75.00 but lasts for months :)

R

roscoedog

Jun 12, 2013
yes cvs sold me pins, no problem at all, but the new nurse actually wrote me a script for pins, so all good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic