Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How far would you go (or have you gone) to get to Nationals & beyond?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Not sure how he'd feel if his story was out in the open forums with a picture...as the NPC isn't that huge and folks here might know him. He's in the offseason right now but will prolly hit stage shape around 240 at the lowest.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
The way I see it, bodybuilding shows they come and go, but your family is so much more important... And to neglect them for something is simply selfish... I get it too, but even if I had the genetics, youth, money that would never be me.... I need my family just as much as they need me...

I agree with this!
I am just starting to prep for local shows but i am still young. No Kids. I don't have anything to loose, everything to gain!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I just can't comprehend not being able to function as an adult and still pursue a dream.
Then again I eat what I want and don't get all hangry and shit.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I want to follow my goals, I stay single. I don't want any outside influence on my decisions.

I would feel selfish if I had family responsibilities. To me, it's best to stay single if you want to chase your goals. It's hard to have both.

Have to raise my hat off to you bro. It pisses me the **** off when people go out get married, have kids and then decide they want a career. If you know you want a career then don't get married and have kids. The marriage suffers, the kids suffer and all because of what. Props to you bro because you know what you want and your not gonna make others suffer while to try to do both. Not that it can't be done but most don't have what it takes to pull it off and so most likey the kids suffer and you have 2 people in a lousy marriage. I know there are a lot out htere saying STFU but bottom line, its the truth.

D

Dan keeshan

Apr 23, 2015
You mention this is for a second time. Has he actually told his wife what he wants to try and achieve and will she support him? She's already taken him back once so after a failed attempt.

Another thing...if this is the second time of leaving, what prevented him from getting it last time and what will be different this time that he gets it?

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
If he left her for it, my guess is she said enough is enough and I want your attention. Which if he's been a it for a while, she should know bbers typically don't just stop. Or he may have been planning on leaving for a while. Either way, for me I hold marriage for what it is meant to be.....digging hard as ish, but we work thru it. The past few years my wife and I have had to find balance in what we do and it is tough. But this is our lives.

Now I would never want to hold her back from her dreams an I don't. And I believe she would do the same for me. But if they've been butting heads for a while maybe he's had enough. But for the kids sake, hopefully they work it oit

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
1 Name which shows that you can work 40+hours a week, have a family, have a life, and still get your pro card.... Mark Dougdale.

I find it so funny that people these days are willing to give up everything for a dream of becoming an IFBB Pro and the fact is that you'll still be broke if you do turn pro. So many have a misconception that it means wealth, women, drugs, etc.... It doesn't mean anything. Hell, it's the only sport I know that makes YOU pay to remain a pro.

My sport doesn't pay...in fact it pays less but I don't have to give up my life, wife, blah..blah..blah to excel in it.

These pipe dream idiots need to wake up....

C

cagedfreak

Oct 30, 2011
Ok I need to jump in here....do I think everyone should drop everything including there family and full time job to persue bodybuilding, of course not that would be stupid....however bodybuilding is a sport that is rapidly growing by the day, 10years ago the majority of pro bbers still had to work a 9 -5 job to supplament there income because unless u were in the top 5 elite u werent making enough to pay for ur hgh and gear, let alone ur bills at home....but that has changed, I got sponered the first time I went to nationals even tho I didnt win, was it enough to live off? No but it helped, then turned pro a short time later and no longer needed to work....i have made steady increases in salary since then and I am not of the top olympia elite yet, actually every single person who had turned pro over the last 5 years currently has a sponser and trust me they are not hurting for money....bodybuilding is very similar to MMA, remember 10 or 15 years ago the UFC athletes were called "barbaric apes" the prize money for winning a multi fight tournament was maybe 7k??? Now its a mainstream sport with athletes making super high salaries, even new guys making bank.....that is what bodybuilding is becomming, if u were a pro u would know that espn is currently negotiating with the ifbb to put pro shows back on the air.....when that does happen bodybuilding will be just as big as the UFC, and people like u will be eating ur words ;-)

1 Name which shows that you can work 40+hours a week, have a family, have a life, and still get your pro card.... Mark Dougdale.

I find it so funny that people these days are willing to give up everything for a dream of becoming an IFBB Pro and the fact is that you'll still be broke if you do turn pro. So many have a misconception that it means wealth, women, drugs, etc.... It doesn't mean anything. Hell, it's the only sport I know that makes YOU pay to remain a pro.

My sport doesn't pay...in fact it pays less but I don't have to give up my life, wife, blah..blah..blah to excel in it.

These pipe dream idiots need to wake up....

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Have to raise my hat off to you bro. It pisses me the **** off when people go out get married, have kids and then decide they want a career. If you know you want a career then don't get married and have kids. The marriage suffers, the kids suffer and all because of what. Props to you bro because you know what you want and your not gonna make others suffer while to try to do both. Not that it can't be done but most don't have what it takes to pull it off and so most likey the kids suffer and you have 2 people in a lousy marriage. I know there are a lot out htere saying STFU but bottom line, its the truth.

Dude you are so right. That's the truth.

Thanks for sharing your input slin.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ok I need to jump in here....do I think everyone should drop everything including there family and full time job to persue bodybuilding, of course not that would be stupid....however bodybuilding is a sport that is rapidly growing by the day, 10years ago the majority of pro bbers still had to work a 9 -5 job to supplament there income because unless u were in the top 5 elite u werent making enough to pay for ur hgh and gear, let alone ur bills at home....but that has changed, I got sponered the first time I went to nationals even tho I didnt win, was it enough to live off? No but it helped, then turned pro a short time later and no longer needed to work....i have made steady increases in salary since then and I am not of the top olympia elite yet, actually every single person who had turned pro over the last 5 years currently has a sponser and trust me they are not hurting for money....bodybuilding is very similar to MMA, remember 10 or 15 years ago the UFC athletes were called "barbaric apes" the prize money for winning a multi fight tournament was maybe 7k??? Now its a mainstream sport with athletes making super high salaries, even new guys making bank.....that is what bodybuilding is becomming, if u were a pro u would know that espn is currently negotiating with the ifbb to put pro shows back on the air.....when that does happen bodybuilding will be just as big as the UFC, and people like u will be eating ur words ;-)

Sure... I'll be eating my words.

I have friends who fight MMA and they still need to work and they fight in the UFC and Bellator. MMA doesn't pay nearly what you think it does. Not to mention you need to pay coaches, gyms, travel, etc.... It's very costly if you plan on actually getting somewhere. In fact they interviewed Chris Leban (sp), one of the original TUF contestants who went on to fight and have a successful career in the UFC and he said he would have been better off becoming a sanitation engineer if he was concerned about making money. Very few actually make the big bucks so many think MMA fighters receive.

Perhaps things have changed in bbing but in terms of media coverage it'll never be as big at MMA or for that matter it'll never be as big as Crossfit. BBing isn't mainstream nor is it "in".

Last edited:
D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Bodybuilding is a passion. If you're in it for money, most likely you will b disappointed. But its a lifestyle and those that do it are those who understand. A pro card means more than what outsiders see it as. No
one or most can even come close to the dedication it take to successfully prepare for the stage. Its not for most. Most cannot even come close to putting in the work and diet to do this. So I don't ever expect it to be as big as other sports where your average couch sitting fat no it alls can sit and say, " awe ,I would have got him in a full nelson!" Not they don't understand the passion. And they could never do what bbers do. We are elite!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic