Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How far out have you stopped before a blood test?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I have to blood test April 5 to keep my script.

Taking 105mg/ wk. EOD doses. My doc won't understand my ng/dl @1400. They don't know what a high or over responder is.

One other bit of info: my blood panel is over range (not horribly, but over) due to diet experiment.

Just need to get my blood panel and total T down for that day.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I have to blood test April 5 to keep my script.

Taking 105mg/ wk. EOD doses. My doc won't understand my ng/dl @1400. They don't know what a high or over responder is.

One other bit of info: my blood panel is over range (not horribly, but over) due to diet experiment.

Just need to get my blood panel and total T down for that day.
DEpends on individual. I have been ok at 4 weeks but not reliable. 8 weeks is standard for me. Longer is better. I go off for 3 weeks to get things to come down and then drop the scripted TRT in. That seems to work pretty well.

Reactions: CFM
FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Are you using insurance for TRT? I have a Dr. friend who runs a Med Spa that has TRT on the menu. She claims if someone is using insurance to pay for their TRT she is limited to prescribing when test levels get above 1000. But if a patient is paying cash she likes keeping test levels under 1500. She only worries when the blood gets soupy. If I remember she charges monthly $120, that includes weekly test shot, testing and a hello kitty band-aid. Maybe look for a Med Spa type setup????

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
What compounds/esters are you using now? Their half life plays the biggest role in this. I recently switched my TRT from private insurance to the VA system and it was a fucking nightmare. They wanted their own labs proving sub 260 total test, two separate tests, at least a week apart from each other, drawn between 7-9am, etc.. literally looking for any detail to deny the Endo referral. TRT was 150mg Cyp per week for the last 4 years. Took my chances at 4 weeks off and was at 243 total. Then 206 a week later.

Are you doing Peak/trough numbers?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Throw in a happy ending and that's a steal of a deal
Are you using insurance for TRT? I have a Dr. friend who runs a Med Spa that has TRT on the menu. She claims if someone is using insurance to pay for their TRT she is limited to prescribing when test levels get above 1000. But if a patient is paying cash she likes keeping test levels under 1500. She only worries when the blood gets soupy. If I remember she charges monthly $120, that includes weekly test shot, testing and a hello kitty band-aid. Maybe look for a Med Spa type setup????

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
If you live in a state where walk in labs is legal, check it in advance two or three times about 5 days apart beginning at 7 days after your last inj (assuming enanthate or cyp) and use the LC/MS-MS assay. If you are taking nandrolone, drop it a month in advance bc if they use the standard assay or test for free testosterone (using the standard assay) that will cross-react and jack up the numbers. If you are splitting 105 into EOD that's 30 mg/EOD. If it is CYP or ENAN, that protocol should give you the numbers you need to figure it out for your metabolism. Cut out HCG, clomid, etc. as well at least 2 weeks out if you are using them. Probably want to donate blood as well just to make sure your HCT isn't too high. What is over on your blood panel?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
@Wilson6
RBC 5.86
Hemo 17.9
Hema 53.1

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
If you live in a state where walk in labs is legal, check it in advance two or three times about 5 days apart beginning at 7 days after your last inj (assuming enanthate or cyp) and use the LC/MS-MS assay. If you are taking nandrolone, drop it a month in advance bc if they use the standard assay or test for free testosterone (using the standard assay) that will cross-react and jack up the numbers. If you are splitting 105 into EOD that's 30 mg/EOD. If it is CYP or ENAN, that protocol should give you the numbers you need to figure it out for your metabolism. Cut out HCG, clomid, etc. as well at least 2 weeks out if you are using them. Probably want to donate blood as well just to make sure your HCT isn't too high. What is over on your blood panel?
Yes nandralone got me. Good thing I chose the wrong test when pre checking test levels as that is the test the endocrinologist is using. I am on clomid right now and will stop 2 weeks out. Started TNE topical yesterday 50 mg was planning on stopping it a week before labs. I am in a different state I want my test levels somewhat normal so I can treat myself.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic