Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

How do you rip your pulls?!?!

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I just use the programs as intended. Frankly, I let the guys who live in the gym be my guinea pigs.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Definitely with speed, speed is everything. You really want to train your body to go full force with all weights because of two physiological limits. Your body has a finite limit where it can maintain a load under sub maximal weights and an even smaller load of where it can maintain a load under a maximal weight, I think the number is close to around 3 seconds of maximum time for a new 1rm. If you go online even and look at guys that try to seriously gut out a new 1rm they will usually fail at the 3 second mark of attempting to lift.

As far as pulling faster for a new 1rm, there was a study I read in a strength and conditioning book that had lifters use various percentages of their 1rm at full force. The finding was that at around 58-60 percent of a lifters 1rm they were able to produce a force about equal to their 1rm. I think its pretty ideal that a lifter produces maximum force with every working lift.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Very good info here from wolf. I too have read the article regarding the three seconds and the percentages in regard to the 1rm. This goesto another point that, more lifters in strength sports and all other sports should beusing more of a percentage based program. If you can use less weight and generate the same force applied to the muscles it will result in overall greater gains with a faster recovery and less likelyhood of injury. Good stuff Wolf.

Definitely with speed, speed is everything. You really want to train your body to go full force with all weights because of two physiological limits. Your body has a finite limit where it can maintain a load under sub maximal weights and an even smaller load of where it can maintain a load under a maximal weight, I think the number is close to around 3 seconds of maximum time for a new 1rm. If you go online even and look at guys that try to seriously gut out a new 1rm they will usually fail at the 3 second mark of attempting to lift.

As far as pulling faster for a new 1rm, there was a study I read in a strength and conditioning book that had lifters use various percentages of their 1rm at full force. The finding was that at around 58-60 percent of a lifters 1rm they were able to produce a force about equal to their 1rm. I think its pretty ideal that a lifter produces maximum force with every working lift.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I was wonder how many of your come up on your deads. Are you slow and methodical or do you pull with the same force when your holding 225 as 700??

Gotta say i use to be a slow go through the motions kinda guy but in the past couple years i rip 135 off hte mat with so much force my feet come off... I do it the same way all the way to a max.. Call it crazy but i tell you what i challenge anyone to do it for a couple months and tell me they dont become more explosive!!!

I pull with explosive power, just rip that shit off the ground. Your nose bleed from deadlifts yet? Its funny when u deadlift in a gym and ur nose starts bleeding, all the chicks dig it lol.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
I alway try to be explosive, however when it get heavy I do lose some of that...

KBD....I almost puked doing heavy deads, A bloody noise I be concern my BP was on the high side...

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I alway try to be explosive, however when it get heavy I do lose some of that...

KBD....I almost puked doing heavy deads, A bloody nose I be concern my BP was on the high side...

Thats man shit, homie.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic