Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

How do you measure "intensity"?

J

J_J

Mar 28, 2012
Is that 5 days in between each bodypart? Or in the gym 1 day out of 5 total.

No, its a full-body workout at most once a week, sometimes 10 days or more between trips to the gym. My main focus is my legs and hips and after I have done a lot of work from the waist down I do some quick work with my arms and back cramming as much work as I can into a short amount of time.

Your muscles won't forget how to lift heavy weights if you take 10 days off. As long as you eat right and get plenty of rest you can go back and make an improvement most of the time.

I could not build if it's the latter.

How do you know that? Have you ever tried? And have you ever measured the intensity of your work in the gym so that you can know using hard numbers whether your intensity increased or decreased from one workout to the next?

Which is more important to you - being in the gym so many days a week or making progress? If you up your intensity in the gym by increasing your power or your rate of work and that occurs as a result of being in the gym 1/3 of the time that you are now, wouldn't that be a big win for your life? You have a life outside of the gym, right?

J

J_J

Mar 28, 2012
That image you made would be funny if it was accurate. I never said anything about anyone checking with me about the intensity of a workout. The focus is how do you guys measure intensity in the gym so that you know whether or not your workout was more intense than the last time?

If you don't have a way to measure your intensity then you are just throwing the word around when you use it. Don't be upset at me if you are doing that and not measuring your intensity. And don't be upset at me if you are in the gym 4-6 days a week and are not measuring you intensity from one workout to the next and not making gains (looking at you Yamaha).

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I measure mine. But why can't you show a pic of your gains?

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
I am very well acquainted with powerlifting and powerlifting techniques and strategy. I have as much if not more credibility than any of you when it comes to powerlifting and training for power.

Now you really put your fucking foot in your mouth bro. Your tellin me that you, the infamous JJ, has more credibility then ANYBODY on this board?!! With these completely false, dipshit ideas that being in the gym once a week is sufficient?! You need to stop attempting to give advice (which is all wrong) and learn to read and research before shooting your mouth off. There isnt ONE single person on here that agrees with you or finds any of your "expertise ideas" valid. In fact they are down right STUPID! I find this thread amusing for the fact that whenever I think you couldnt say anything stupider, YOU NEVER SEIZE TO AMAZE ME with another post!!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
And as amazing as it all is, his biggest problem is having no people skills.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think points on all sides have been made here and I'm locking this before everyone whips out the flamethrowers.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic