Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How Do You Finish off Your Chest Workout?

T

Tmfj30

Aug 29, 2010
Just had an awesome chest workout! I did (all presses) incline BB, flat BB, flat DB, and then dips as my finishing exercise. I train in my basement, so I don't have a pec deck or cable crossover (which I think are useless). Sometimes I feel the dips working my chest, other times I really don't. I believe I do them correctly....elbows wide, chin tucked in, legs out in front. A pec deck might make an appearance if I can find one cheap enough (LOVE doing rear delts on a pec deck). So what are my options.....DB pullovers, flat or incline DB flyes, Dips??? I am going to fabricate a Hammer Strength Incline plate loaded press as soon as possible, but its another pressing movement. Just wondering what others do for chest last exercise when you're smoked!

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I usually finish off the chest with dips as its a great way to move right into triceps following chest.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I finish off chest with either cable crossovers, flys or pushups.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
im the same as gunslinger, or atleast when i did random weightlifting i did. i would either do flys or cablecrossovers because i felt like they gave me a good stretch but werent so heavy that i risked injury.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
As my finisher i will do 4 to 5 sets of flat bench ...i wil do sets of 30 to 50 reps with 225 or i will use 275 for 20 to 30..depends on my strengh level that day on my benching...dw

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I am with DW repping out 225 but i do it as a rest pause. I will also do rest/pause with Close grip BP as well. Just my thoughts but it makes the blood flow.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Flat or incline DB is my finisher for chest, followed by a set of just tris. Around 20 reps for a few sets.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Wide grip peak contraction emphasized dips on a bench where hands are wider than shoulders

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I finish with either dips or dumbell flies (no cables for me). Sometimes superset dips and flies (super burn and pump).

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I do light dumbell presses but I stop in the hole for a 3 count and explode up, I use a weight that I can only get 9-10 reps with, its great for strengthening your weakest range of motion (the bottom).
I do those, flies or pushups, all are great movements and it depends on how the workout went and what I want to work on.
Keeps it from getting stale that way.
I did the dumbell presses last night since I felt the need for more strength was there, plus its a great way to emphasize the stretch portion of your chest movement and keep the flexibility of your chest.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Lately it's been flyes and pec deck. I use pec deck to concentrate on the squeeze portion and flyes to concentrate on the stretch.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic