Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

How do you deal with post comp weight gain?

K

Kätzchen

TID Lady Member
Sep 3, 2013
Phycologically speaking... I just competed in my first show (took 2nd :) ) & even though I haven't gained a ton of weight, I feel so fat. I know it's water & glycogen & I'm just remembering what it's like to be so hard & dry, but I'm still finding it tough to wrap my head around.
If it weren't for the constant PRs in the gym since my show, I'd be miserable! LOL.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I didn't think you looked fat, silly kitty.

Embrace the PRs....you'll have no probs prepping for the next show.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
It's merely a cocoon that the most amazing butterfly will emerge from next season.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I put on prob 10lb first week with almost no cheats till second weekend ... After that I ate clean 75% of the time and very clean mon -fri. My goals mayb b very different than yours as I need to add a considerable Amt of mass to make a higher weight class nxt year ... At first I was really down being up 25 lb even though I was constructive bulking ... This led me to have a few 5k cal cheat days lol and I def blew up a bit more. I basically hit my 8 -9 weeks out conditioning area and have been able to hold it here ... Pros are hughe insane strength increase cons are that I am far from shreaded an only have the outline of my abs now ... This is my first real off season after competing in a state level and qualified for nationals next year. Just try to find a level of conditioning that is not only conducive to your health and growth and development but is ALSO PRACTICAL to hang out at also this should be a weight or more importantly a body fat level that you will be comfortable heading into a prep from. This is strictly my experiment and next offseason I will follow a more rigid 4-5 week schematic of dieting back up to help ramp my metabolism back up but for now I am very happy with the moderate calorie surpluses with 1-2 big binge days per week for the first 4weeks and now entering a mini cut phase with weekend chest days to cut a little of the extra fat... I have broken deadlift and squat PR's and gotten my bench back close to where it previously was after a big 20 weeker this past spring

Last edited:
tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
use the extra weight and kill it in the gym. That is what i did. My PRs went sky high. I really did not care what everyone thought because i was so strong. Live life have fun and its the winter so not to worry lots of time be4 summer again. Tip use the scale once a week and give yourself 10lbs to play with. If you go over that weight then you know to start cleaning it up some.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
If you get those post comp blues just remember its gotta be GROW TIME BEFORE ITS SHOWTIME!

K

Kätzchen

TID Lady Member
Sep 3, 2013
I didn't think you looked fat, silly kitty.

Embrace the PRs....you'll have no probs prepping for the next show.

Aww thanks :) But I'm a good chunk heavier since I saw you, lol.

K

Kätzchen

TID Lady Member
Sep 3, 2013
So I know part of it is hgh bloaat as I dropped that 2 weeks before my comp & I always bloat like crazy when I start it up, but the combination of that & everthing is uncomfortable. It's been 2.5 weeks & I'm up 10lbs. I still am very vascular though, but I feel it in my fingers & mid section.

If you get those post comp blues just remember its gotta be GROW TIME BEFORE ITS SHOWTIME!

This is what's keeping me going! 7 mo till Provincials...

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I have no experience with this so I can only imagine being female makes it even worse :) Like others have said, just use it to your advantage lady..you know what to do and it's only temporary.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I actually prefer the bulky, big as a tank, get the f- out of my way feeling of the off season. Psychologically I think the weight gain and bloat would be much harder to deal with for a woman though.

My personal recommendation is to say the hell with it, and go eat some pancakes! lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic