pbtom
What's New?

How can I go from flat to round butt?

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
Am I right in the female forum? LOL
had 1 hr rowing cardio and then on the 3rd floor left the squat bar as it was with 2x 20 kilo and 2x 10 kilo ... so including 75 kilo or what ever

20 reps
15 reps
10 reps

haha - had to go home now

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Plenty of good advice in here already.
The lower you go on squats the more the glutes kick in to get you out of the hole.

Also as SAD said I like the Bulgarian split squats. They hit the ham glute tie in for the lift.

Oh yeah and eat!

Fast forward to the 1 minute mark.

http://youtu.be/9HVd1XRoe78

Last edited:
H

Helga

Apr 10, 2013
lunges lots of lunges walking ones with a barbell on your back!

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Old post, but hopefully this will help someone:

The human body wants to do things the easiest way possible. If your quads are naturally strong, your body will go to them first.

You need to develop a mental connection w/ your glutes. When you step under the bar, close your eyes and concentrate on your glutes, flex and squeeze them to develop "feel." Then unrack and go. Try and only take 2 steps to get into position, and maintain mental focus on your butt.

You are not going to use a lot of weight, just yet, instead concentrating on "feel." Once the connection is developed, then work up in weight. Eventually, you should be doing at least 1.5 your bodyweight for 3 sets (not counting warmup) of 5 reps below parallel. When doing lunges, step out as far as possible, keep weight on heels, and shoulders directly over hips.

Another thing, muscles do not grow while training. Training is the stimulus for growth, but growth happens while resting/eating/sleeping. If you train legs twice a week they will not get sufficient rest for growth. Train them once every 6 or 7 days, no more.

After training legs, boatload the food in. Protein/carb drink immediately after training, huge dinner, then another protein drink before bed. Have lots of protein for breakfast.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Old post, but hopefully this will help someone:

The human body wants to do things the easiest way possible. If your quads are naturally strong, your body will go to them first.

You need to develop a mental connection w/ your glutes. When you step under the bar, close your eyes and concentrate on your glutes, flex and squeeze them to develop "feel." Then unrack and go. Try and only take 2 steps to get into position, and maintain mental focus on your butt.

You are not going to use a lot of weight, just yet, instead concentrating on "feel." Once the connection is developed, then work up in weight. Eventually, you should be doing at least 1.5 your bodyweight for 3 sets (not counting warmup) of 5 reps below parallel. When doing lunges, step out as far as possible, keep weight on heels, and shoulders directly over hips.

Another thing, muscles do not grow while training. Training is the stimulus for growth, but growth happens while resting/eating/sleeping. If you train legs twice a week they will not get sufficient rest for growth. Train them once every 6 or 7 days, no more.

After training legs, boatload the food in. Protein/carb drink immediately after training, huge dinner, then another protein drink before bed. Have lots of protein for breakfast.

The muscles worked when performing a squat are determined from the set up, stance, foot position, bar placement, etc. Close your eyes and feel the connection.... is that all it takes, lol. I also love this part of the post, "if you train your legs 2x week they will not get sufficient rest to grow." I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see the proof in this blanketed statement.

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
The muscles worked when performing a squat are determined from the set up, stance, foot position, bar placement, etc. Close your eyes and feel the connection.... is that all it takes, lol. I also love this part of the post, "if you train your legs 2x week they will not get sufficient rest to grow." I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see the proof in this blanketed statement.

You're not.

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013

IFFB pros Frank Roberson (whom I am prepping for he Dallas Europa pro show...we are shooting for he Olympia) Chris Duffy (prepped me for my last show which I won) Flavio Bachiannini, and Dorian Yates support more rest days. The only high profile pro who trained 2 a week was Ronnie Colman. Of course they would bump up the frequency (every 5 days) come contest time.

I have a huge ass, let me see if I can find a pic.

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Here is Dorians' split:

Day 1 – Shoulders & Tri’s & Abs
Day 2 – Back
Day 3 – Off
Day 4 – Chest & Bi’s & Abs
Day 5 – Off
Day 6 – Quads & Hams & Calves
Day 7 – Off

Dorian was over 300 lbs, Frank is 300 and lean right now.

You may say "yes, but they are on a ton of gear" (a whole bottle of anavar and 3 sus a day for Dorian, not counting other gear)
but that only proves my point. If massively chemically enhanced athletes only hit a bp once a week, then naturals need even more rest.

And yes "feel your butt" is humorous, but it is critical if you want a bp to grow. As I said earlier, the body wants to do things the easiest way possible, if your quads are stronger than your glutes, the load will be shifted in favor of the former.
I have a huge ass, let me see if I can find a pic.

I have been training for 38 years, and the most common mistakes I see are too many sets, too frequently, and not enough intensity.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic