Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How can I go from flat to round butt?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
you may not be squatting deep enough... ass to grass....

once you know your form is good... start piling on the weight... just watch those pretty little knees...

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
These guys are right...none of that half squat shit...lighten the weight and get below parallel. Your ass will thank you.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
These guys are right...none of that half squat shit...lighten the weight and get below parallel. Your ass will thank you.

For quality squat form, start w/ a box squat and get to a full Ass to the Floor squat. Box squats are a great tool to ensure a good quality squat.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Squat ass to the ground controlled form and weight.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Ok, let's begin with the stats: I'm a 34 female. I'm half asian and I have the typical flat ass that a lot of asians have. I'm 5'6 125lbs with 17% body fat. I have a corporate job so I'm sitting at a desk most of the time.

I don't do much cardio but I train twice a week with a trainer and we do full body workouts each time. With him, I do a lot of squats, lunges, dead lifts, kettlebell swings and so on. When I do all this, I feel it in my quads but never in my ass. I feel like I have the right position, with my butt sticking out when I squat but I don't feel anything in my ass. I have really nice thighs but I'd like to develop a rounder butt too because I hate having a flat ass. What am I doing wrong or what could I do to make sure I'm activating my glutes?

To properly analyze and diagnose your weak areas we would need to see pics of this hypothetically problematic set of gluteal muscles, this would allow us to pinpoint what is needed for you to achieve your goals:fish2:

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I train a Japanese client - she grew a great butt from squats.... it works for everyone.

My guess - your trainer doesn't know how to squat. You need to sit back to load your glutes/hamstrings and get a good range of motion. Try a wider stance and point your toes out a bit.
Try standing, toes touching a wall, and squat all the way down. If you can do that without falling back then you are sitting back hard enough. If your knees hit the wall and you fell over - your form is off.
Try sumo deadlifts with a heavy dumbbell as well.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gifYou were all thinking it!

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
Half asian here!

I used to have a flat butt and when i say flat...i mean like my ass and my hamstrings were literally on the same plane. My friends made fun of me because it was legitimately THAT flat.

I'm still working on growing my ass but you know what helped me? HEAVY ATG SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS. Mostly the squats. and EATING!! You're not going to put on any muscle if you're not feeding it right! My ass is significantly rounder and my hams have shaped as well. I do heavy back squats once a week& slower controlled hypertrophy squats (ALWAYS breaking parallel), then I also do heavy front squat once a week, and heavy deadlifts once a week.

be patient, keep working on it, squat HEAVY with the right form of course! and also FEED YOUR BODY! The difference in my ass in the last 2 years is insane.

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
Your trainer doesnt sound like hes any good but i digress...

Start off your workout with one of these: squats, deadlifts or stiff leg deadlifts. Dont be afraid to add an extra set or two on those exercises. Also consider deadlifting and squats on the same workout everyonce in a while. Focus on that butt squeze that butt. I recommend to train heavy on these mass builders then play with the rep range on the supplementary/isolation exercises.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
To properly analyze and diagnose your weak areas we would need to see pics of this hypothetically problematic set of gluteal muscles, this would allow us to pinpoint what is needed for you to achieve your goals:fish2:

Yes I concur!!

View attachment 5485You were all thinking it!

Absolutely!!

^^^^^^^^^^We need pics to judge the accuracy of these statements!!^^^^^^^^^

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Lot of hard work there, TG. Props. Virtual high-five to your man in the most respectful way.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic