Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How can I go from flat to round butt?

P

Peachazz

Nov 27, 2010
Ok, let's begin with the stats: I'm a 34 female. I'm half asian and I have the typical flat ass that a lot of asians have. I'm 5'6 125lbs with 17% body fat. I have a corporate job so I'm sitting at a desk most of the time.

I don't do much cardio but I train twice a week with a trainer and we do full body workouts each time. With him, I do a lot of squats, lunges, dead lifts, kettlebell swings and so on. When I do all this, I feel it in my quads but never in my ass. I feel like I have the right position, with my butt sticking out when I squat but I don't feel anything in my ass. I have really nice thighs but I'd like to develop a rounder butt too because I hate having a flat ass. What am I doing wrong or what could I do to make sure I'm activating my glutes?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
You said u have a trainer, u should talk to him about this as he can see things we cant see.....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
My glutes don't get much involvement when I squat until I hit heavier weights and I am required to recruit them. I bet you aren't squatting heavy enough.

Don't buy into the 12 reps nonsense. Squat heavy. Look at every female Olympic lifters ass. They are dynamite!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You can also add stadiums. It'll help with lift and roundness.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
squats and kick backs with some weight

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
i would train legs 2 times a week like on a Wed train quads and calves and Sat train Hams and glutes. sumo squats, cable kick backs, lunges with weight, hip abd and abb. one legged romanian DL. can use DB if you have good balance or smith machine.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Some additional options might be some of the stuff Amanda Latona hits:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/round-and-round-amanda-latonas-glute-workout.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8oKBQRcOC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuTmfGpBbPQ

I have had to work hard to develop my glutes - step ups, hella big squats, DLs, walking lunges, ham glute raise. And depending on your genetics, it can take a while. I build my biceps w/o thinking about it, but it took me quite a few years to build my quads. I've also been out of the gym/ sporadically in the for several months recently due to some foot and shoulder issues and in total honesty the only muscle group that seems to have shrunk is my quads. The rest I have no doubt will come back quickly but if I want that quad size again, I'm gonna have to work for it. But the point is to keep at it and not just quit doing the above stuff because you think it doesn't work. It can take years to really get to where you envision, but there will be progress if you just keep at it and you'll see the results when you stop looking for them.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Squat heavy.
Lunges.
Bulgarian split squat.
Stair stepper with proper form.
Donkey kickbacks.
Fire hydrants.
Repeat twice per week.

It's working wonders for my wife.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Heavy deep squats. Im a guy, but unless you go deep your not going to hit them. Kickbacks work well also

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Also leg press but high on the platform.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic