Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

How accurate are the BP machines at the store?

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I'm sure others have set down on one of those machines like what they have in CVS or Publix, or wherever and checked their own BP. Anybody know just how accurate they are? My arm doesn't fit properly into the sleeve like a lot of other guys here wouldn't either I'm guessing, but aside from that is it at least accurate? If it is I need to get my BP under control.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I dunno I would wager to say they aren't accurate .I think they are set for a thirteen inch arm aren't they ?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Those drugstore sleeves are made for 9-13" arms. For that reason I'm skeptical.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
You need the extra large cuff or it will false read. And it always false reads high.
Even when I go to doc I've had teks go for the regular cuff. I let them try it too see there's no way! Need the extra large cuff for accuracy.

Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
Those machines suck! My girl checked her BP while at walmart recently. It basically said her heart was about to explode. I immediately took her to my buddy's house whom is a physicians assistant. He said she was a hair above normal and attributed that to the excitement of driving over.

Wheyrage

Wheyrage

Jun 26, 2011
How did you even get your arm in?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Those are for your arm? No wonder I'm trespassed from Safeway!

Wheyrage

Wheyrage

Jun 26, 2011
I thought the rule in Safeway was that you ARE allowed to ck the bp of that thing, so long as you don't slide it back and forth rapidly and go "unnnnnh!"

You just had to take it to the next level..

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
My arm doesn't fit properly into the sleeve like a lot of other guys here wouldn't either I'm guessing,

That's not a bad problem to have. It would be pretty cool to tell the nurse, "yea my arm won't fit in that one".

That would probably be the only time I could ever tell a women that something on my body wouldn't fit.....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic