Latest Member
pbtom

Hoppy hop hop hops!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Loose cannon by Heavy Seas Brewery.

I found this fun beer on a fishing trip in upstate NY (the brewery is from Maryland) back 4-5 years ago and as hoppy as it is, the taste is relatively smooth. It's labeled as an IPA, has a nice smooth brown color and the aroma is refreshing in anticipation for the first sip with a nice bitter kick at the end.

I've had this in the summer and the winter, doesn't matter to me.

Best drank out of a nonic pint or large tulip glass and at 7.3% alc, you can enjoy a couple of these without filling up too quickly.

View attachment 5186

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I like Heavy Seas, they make some really nice beers. I do not like their Barley wine though.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I like Heavy Seas, they make some really nice beers. I do not like their Barley wine though.

Agreed....the red sky and cutlass aren't too bad.....the loose cannon is my favorite by them.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I like the Loose Canon, I was able to try it on tap about a month ago, blows the bottle out of the water (no pun intended)

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I like the Loose Canon, I was able to try it on tap about a month ago, blows the bottle out of the water (no pun intended)

You're absolutely right on the money there! Where I was living before, there were 4 bars within 20 mins that had it on tap and once it oxidizes, it's much, much better. Only one locally where I live now. Had one about 2 weeks ago....then switched to "green monstah" I'll try to review that one soon too although it's not nationally produced

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic