Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Home Workouts

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
Kinda dread asking this, but, in reality I've got a reason I can't justify getting into a gym, so what equipment would you all recommend my getting for home workouts? Please give me names/amounts and any recommendations on where. I don't want to say what I've been using to date here, but I'm quickly realizing I need to 'upgrade' my path to getting this job done. So, any help on this line would be very much appreciated in my effrots to get started on home workouts.
Thanks in advance.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
I have a Powertec rack with high/low pulley that I really like. Bodysolid bench and some plate loaded dumbbells.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Craigslist occasionally has good deals on home gym stuff.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Where do you live? i am selling mine :) - power rack with hign and low pulleys, lots of weights, bench, lots of bars and attachments.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Honestly, if you have a good power rack with a solid bench set up and a good barbell, then the only other thing you would need are dumbbell bars maybe.

Also, make sure the hooks that you are using for the bench are not too tall.

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
Where do you live? i am selling mine :) - power rack with hign and low pulleys, lots of weights, bench, lots of bars and attachments.

Trying to figure where to put this, but... I live in Maryland.

R

RADAR

Jan 19, 2011
I got alot of my stuff from a gym that went out of business,Read about it in the classified ads.... about 2000 lbs of York olympic plates,3 york olympic bars,Bench, Squat rack Dumbells that go from 2lbs to 150lbs plus more ,I have a building next door to my house so thats where it all sits,I also have a bunch of machines .

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I got alot of my stuff from a gym that went out of business,Read about it in the classified ads.... about 2000 lbs of York olympic plates,3 york olympic bars,Bench, Squat rack Dumbells that go from 2lbs to 150lbs plus more ,I have a building next door to my house so thats where it all sits,I also have a bunch of machines .

good for u...thatts about how much weight i have for my home gym...plus i have two benches,squat rack,power rack,and a cabel pully.......it pays to own your own gym...whats good about home gyms..u dont need to drive somewhere to train...u can train any time u want..u dont have to wait on people useing something u need...no membership fees to pay...u can bang the iron without worry about people thinking your tearing there shit up...Plusu dont have to deal with weak ass,wannbe clowns....dw

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
You can also build shit yourself. If you're handy or have the tools.

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
Get a pullup tower/bar with dip station along with a rack and focus on the olympic lifts. That's pretty much it

E

earthbuddy

Nov 8, 2010
I will never go to a gym again. Dont need it. Buy cheap stuff and build up as needed. Then sell and upgrade when you can. There are even plans that can be had on the internet to build stuff out of wood. I scored an Icarian adjustable bench from a gym off craigs list for a steal, found some IGX dumbells at an out of business gym, plates, bars. Picked up a weider power rack with cable pull at the goodwill of all places.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic