Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Home full-body workout

D

DatBoi

Sep 19, 2018
Hello guys, i have a few questions, I'm gonna start with the classic sorry for my English but there isn't any good Italian forums about bodybuilding. So, I'm 16 years old 185cm 68 kg, I used to be fat (92 kg) but I decided to make a change and I did, right now I wanna build muscle because Im a bit skinny fat, I've been working out with dumbbells for about a year with a workout plan made by me, but I have hit a wall, where I can't build mass anymore,so I decided to step my game up.
So I workout 4 times per week for about 1 hour and a half.
I bought a door pull up bar, a bench, and 15kg adjustable dumbbells (from 5 to 18 kg)
And I decided to use a workout plan instead of using my own, because when I do my own I feel so tired and I probably overtrain so that's probably why I'm not making progress.
So, I first wanna know if with this equipment I can get a good muscular body over time (ofc adding more weight in the future)
I've found a few full body workout plans, and I wanna know if they are good for building muscle all over the body and if I should add something, or compitly change workout.

the workout program is called "
Dumbbell Only Home Or Gym Full Body Workout" look it up. ( i can't post links)
Thanks for anyone who takes the time to read this and helps me out, I really appeiciate help as I'm quite new to fitness.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Keep the routines simple. Most of us built the base of our muscle on 4-5 movements with progressively heavy weights. For me it was:

Squat
Overhead Press
Bent Over Rows
Chin-ups
Bench Press (concentrate on low incline vs flat)

D

DatBoi

Sep 19, 2018
Keep the routines simple. Most of us built the base of our muscle on 4-5 movements with progressively heavy weights. For me it was:

Squat
Overhead Press
Bent Over Rows
Chin-ups
Bench Press (concentrate on low incline vs flat)
I see, and how long should one be doing the same exercises? Is there a point where Im gonna hit a wall and not grow muscle more, or as long as I add weights and reps I will keep putting muscle on?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Add weight to the bar, or add reps to the set or change the order of exercises. A little variation goes a long way into tricking your body to keep growing.

Reactions: 5.0
D

DatBoi

Sep 19, 2018
Add weight to the bar, or add reps to the set or change the order of exercises. A little variation goes a long way into tricking your body to keep growing.
ok thanks, also, how can i improve at chin ups and pull ups? i can do about 40 push-ups, but i can only do about 5 chin ups and 3 pull ups, will doing 3 sets of 5 chin ups every w0rkout along with all of the other exercises help me improve ? or is there some other "technique" to improve chin ups and pull ups

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
ok thanks, also, how can i improve at chin ups and pull ups? i can do about 40 push-ups, but i can only do about 5 chin ups and 3 pull ups, will doing 3 sets of 5 chin ups every w0rkout along with all of the other exercises help me improve ? or is there some other "technique" to improve chin ups and pull ups

You could keep grinding away at a 1-2 more reps each week (if you're lucky) and eventually you'll be doing those chin-ups with a dumbbell hanging from your body.

Another way that helped me a great deal was rubber bands/resistance bands. Attach the band to the bar and step on it while chinning/pulling. It will remove a few kg of bodyweight and you can chin for higher reps and past the point of failure.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
most of the basic lifts require a bar, not DB's, a rack and a bench. do you have a local gym you could join or the Y, does your H.S. have a weight room or even a local collage may have a weight room available for local residents for free or a very low fee. one thing to be aware of is that you are still growing and lifting to heavy or often resulting in overtraining could cause your growth plates to stop growing at a pre-mature age causing you to be 5'9" for life instead of 6'2" which would really suck.

D

DatBoi

Sep 19, 2018
most of the basic lifts require a bar, not DB's, a rack and a bench. do you have a local gym you could join or the Y, does your H.S. have a weight room or even a local collage may have a weight room available for local residents for free or a very low fee. one thing to be aware of is that you are still growing and lifting to heavy or often resulting in overtraining could cause your growth plates to stop growing at a pre-mature age causing you to be 5'9" for life instead of 6'2" which would really suck.
Is there some study that proves that? I've never heard about this. Sadly there is no gyms or anything like that in my town so that's not an option

A

Apple Jack

Sep 10, 2018
Man, just do a classic exercises. You have a bar, bench and dbells, so you can perform alot of exercises..
I would recommend you to buy bar to do squats and bench press. And imho the only way to gain muscle first is to do basic exercises: squats, deads and bench. Of course you can add some additional exercises but the main emphasis i'd recommend to do on this three exercises.
Remember bro the main things of progress are workouts, food and rest. Good luck

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic