Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Home brew supplies, looking for advice

Solidsoldier2020

Solidsoldier2020

Aug 22, 2017
So it's been about 2 years since I've home brewed and I'm about to do it up. I've always used Gso, eo, ba and bb.

I've been reading on using mct oil as a replacement and I'm wanting to go that route. Also, I've always just used the caulk gun and 45iu filters. I'm wanting to up my game and save my forearms and the added mess and just use autofil filters. Can anyone with experience tell me a cheap pump and setup they've used.

I'm making tren a, test e and eq.

I'll be continuing on with my own research and all help is appreciated.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I'd go with Whatman ZapCap Bottle Top filters .22um along with a good glass media bottle. Even if you pick something other than the Whatman's, make sure it's either a nylon or PVDF filter, and stay away from the" all in one models " with the plastic media bottles. They aren't worth a crap and easily crack when under vacuum pressure.

You can get a good quality hand vacuum pump from Amazon, Ebay or an auto parts place ( brake bleeder kit) Make sure it has a gauge to measure pressure.
Check out https://www.medical-and-lab-supplies.com/ ..they have pretty much everything.

Solidsoldier2020

Solidsoldier2020

Aug 22, 2017
I'd go with Whatman ZapCap Bottle Top filters .22um along with a good glass media bottle. Even if you pick something other than the Whatman's, make sure it's either a nylon or PVDF filter, and stay away from the" all in one models " with the plastic media bottles. They aren't worth a crap and easily crack when under vacuum pressure.

You can get a good quality hand vacuum pump from Amazon, Ebay or an auto parts place ( brake bleeder kit) Make sure it has a gauge to measure pressure.
Check out https://www.medical-and-lab-supplies.com/ ..they have pretty much everything.

Thanks man. Yeah after reading the past few days I'm going with the zapcap. Is hand pump easier then caulk gun? I've heard it worse? Any input on air filters?

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Thanks man. Yeah after reading the past few days I'm going with the zapcap. Is hand pump easier then caulk gun? I've heard it worse? Any input on air filters?
There's no comparison between using a bottle top filter and vacuum pump, to a syringe filter and caulk gun. With the bottle tops you connect the vacuum pump to it and prime the the vacuum pump to the desired pressure by pumping it several times. After that, you don't have to do anything but keep an eye on the filter because the vacuum pressure is doing all filtering.
Air pump I mean
Not an air pump. You need a vacuum pump.

Example... https://www.medical-and-lab-supplie...ies/hand-vacuum-pump-with-pressure-gauge.html

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011

No don't go with the ZapCaps. Those are not sterile filters. Pay close attention to the details and get only sterile pre-packaged filters. And stay away from PES membranes. BB and BA can start to dissolve a PES membrane. Unfortunately the last time I looked at https://www.medical-and-lab-supplies.com/ everything they had was ZapCap or a PES membrane. I found some sterile nylon and some sterile CA membrane filters on ebay. I had a lot more success finding something other than PES on ebay than on Amazon.

Here's a link to a filtration compatibility chart. Just cross check whatever kind membrane your filter has with the compatability chart and make sure it's compatible with BA and BA. The chart says BA is only marginally compatible with CA membranes, but at only 2% - 3% concentration I'm sure CA membranes would be fine.

Also, as two-slug said get glass media bottles to screw the filter onto and don't use the plastic ones that sometimes come with the filters. The plastic ones crack if you put too much vacuum pressure on them. Almost all filters will fit a GL45 thread media bottle. That's the same thing as a 45mm media bottle. I think Nalgene makes some filters that only fit a 33mm so look at the details. But if they say GL45 or 45mm it's the same thing.

S

schuyler

May 31, 2018
Iv'e read mct oil should be broken down with enzymes, make sure your result is sterile and shelf stable or you might get an infection. I'm starting a project engineering test and anabolics from refined animal fat and different grain flowers with natural enzymes I'll probably make a tincture to be taken oraly wish me luck.

bigmills01

bigmills01

Nov 15, 2015
No don't go with the ZapCaps. Those are not sterile filters. Pay close attention to the details and get only sterile pre-packaged filters. And stay away from PES membranes. BB and BA can start to dissolve a PES membrane. Unfortunately the last time I looked at https://www.medical-and-lab-supplies.com/ everything they had was ZapCap or a PES membrane. I found some sterile nylon and some sterile CA membrane filters on ebay. I had a lot more success finding something other than PES on ebay than on Amazon.

Here's a link to a filtration compatibility chart. Just cross check whatever kind membrane your filter has with the compatability chart and make sure it's compatible with BA and BA. The chart says BA is only marginally compatible with CA membranes, but at only 2% - 3% concentration I'm sure CA membranes would be fine.

Also, as two-slug said get glass media bottles to screw the filter onto and don't use the plastic ones that sometimes come with the filters. The plastic ones crack if you put too much vacuum pressure on them. Almost all filters will fit a GL45 thread media bottle. That's the same thing as a 45mm media bottle. I think Nalgene makes some filters that only fit a 33mm so look at the details. But if they say GL45 or 45mm it's the same thing.
If You go with plastic bottle top filters like they're talking about here, they work just fine ( When connected to a GL45 glass media bottle) but I would stick with the nalgene rapid flow with a Nylon or PVDF filter. It's been a long time since I used one, but I'm about 95% sure nalgene makes a PVDF disposable bottle top filter. Each one cost around $15 maybe 13 but we'll say 15. For $30 you could buy a 70 or 90mm porcelain buncher funnel, and a $5 silicone ( Not rubber because solvents can eat away at it) bung or stopper or whatever you wanna call it. You can buy a 50ct packet of PVDF filter membranes that sit on top of the porcelain buncher funnel for probably around 75 to a $100. If you use 45um, A thin Carrier oil like MCT, and you filter it warm (119° for most PVDF Filters) you can easily do 500 to 1000ml. Long story short you would save yourself alot of money if you spend a little more up front.

Oh you will need a 500ml glass filtering flask. =$20

Hand pump with gauge, from Amazon =$25

Good luck brother..

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Why do people want to fix shit that ain't broke! Go with GSO.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic