Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Holy Shit this is disturbing!!!!

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Shit I pressed 405 at the end of my 54321 last week. That shit just scarred the hell outta me. I only had one back spotter too.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
WTF? Spotters are there for a reason - WHAT the hell were these two assholes doing by walking off and leaving him to lift that Shit without any back-up! This could have been totally avoided IF those two monkeys were doing their intended jobs!

YEA..A ****ing drink of water is what I really need right now, not a Ambulance. I agree with Cindi , that one doucebag spotting wasn't paying attention at all with his feet crossed looking around. Ya dumb **** can't you focus for 10 seconds?, the one on the left was and if they both could have deflected some of the force he might have lived.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
That makes me cringe every time I watch that. some messed up shit

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
A few things....

I heard that he did die later at the hospital - a testament to the value of good spotters.

Wraps absolutely would have helped with grip and prevented the wrist from rolling to the point where this would happen so quickly with a [thumb around bar] grip.

400 is baby weight to spot for - very little bar whip, lots of real estate to hold on the bar, and no gyration of the weights like on a 900+ squat or bench with a whippy bar.

Bad spotting cost that man his life.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
A lot of the newer benches now have catches built into the sides to stop this from happening. If your fed doesn't require them you should email them and tell them they should.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Tragic I have a few guys at my gym who compete in power lifting all very professional

D

Dropitpj

Jul 12, 2015
I want to agree and say the spotter should've been paying closer attention but honestly safety by YOU is first at the end of the day. He didn't chalk, and he used ****ing suicide grip in a competition bench after dropping lighter weight earlier?..like bro, Tryna look cool AF a comp is ridiculous. They call it suicide grip for a reason, only 250lb+ Pro bodybuikders bench HEAVY using that grip and he wasn't any of those. I abandoned that grip after the Bar ALMOST slipped out of my hand, glad I made the change.

H

Hammerstrength

Oct 24, 2015
Im don't want to watch it.. thats real sad that he died..
Same here, judging by the previous comments, some serious damage has occurred. Heaviest I lift with thumb around grip is 30 kg. Why?? Don't have a spotter and right hand rotor cuff is damaged. RIP mate.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic