Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

holy s**t!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wish I had that arch. I still wonder if all the strain gives her serious back problems or if it will keep her back limber.

It's not just something you do, you have to work towards building an arch. It's very strenous and puts a lot of pressure on the area.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Powerlifters on the bench I don't think care about full ROM with total contraction of the muscle like bodybuilders. They care about moving the most weight as easily as they can. As long as back and ass is on bench it's a press. you powerlifters can correct me if I am wrong :) nicely please lol

BBers full ROM and PLers full ROM are 2 different things.

Don't forget you can shuffle your feet. They have to be planted and stay that way for the lift.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
It's not just something you do, you have to work towards building an arch. It's very strenous and puts a lot of pressure on the area.
Other than squeezing the arch hard what can you do?

I work at it. My back hurts worse after bench than anything else.

Part b of that was is she ****ing up her spine with that high arch.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The record for the light weight benching for men is like that too. Kids bend themselves in half. Most of the lifts I see aren't official in my book though, because their butts aren't making contact with the bench. It's like it becomes a matter of physics over strength.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Other than squeezing the arch hard what can you do?

I work at it. My back hurts worse after bench than anything else.

Part b of that was is she ****ing up her spine with that high arch.

Next time you bench, get a piece of PVC pipe maybe 2 inches in diameter. Lay down over it on the bench for your warm ups. It will force you to arch.

Bring your feet in farther back too. This will force you to arch.

Other than that I think it's just repetition.

Reactions: SAD
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The record for the light weight benching for men is like that too. Kids bend themselves in half. Most of the lifts I see aren't official in my book though, because their butts aren't making contact with the bench. It's like it becomes a matter of physics over strength.

If their butts aren't in contact the whole time they would get a red light (actually 3) and the it would be "no lift".

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I will end up banning myself again, or getting banned, if I get involved in this to say any more than; if you don't understand a sport and refuse to try to learn, then you have no place judging it.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
If their butts aren't in contact the whole time they would get a red light (actually 3) and the it would be "no lift".

I'm no PL expert but all the lifts are like you said. Shoulders in conatct , feet stable, no shuffling and arch like a mofo. At my age , I would probably get stuck in that psoe for life . I'm happy with a few inches

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I'm no PL expert but all the lifts are like you said. Shoulders in conatct , feet stable, no shuffling and arch like a mofo. At my age , I would probably get stuck in that psoe for life . I'm happy with a few inches

It would take a team to get me off the bench if I attempted to arch like that

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

I didn't think they were, but I don't have the eye for it like you might. We all know there are different feds though as well, so some are def going to allow more than others. Have any idea what fed they are competing in?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Who's "they"?

USAPL is very strict about everything, to a fault.

But every single fed is strict about keeping some part, ANY PART, of the glutes on the bench. Where your hamstring meets your glute is still considered glute, so that is where there may be some discrepancy depending on subjective observation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic