Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Holding on to water ????

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
So before I started my cutting diet I noticed about a month ago I was having some swelling in my legs blow my calves and ankles. Anyone every delt with this? Since my diet it gone down a lot but is still a little puffy, and I noticed I’m holding water even in my shoulders and back. See lines in my shoulders and arms when waking up in the morning, from the pillows and sheets.

My salt intake is way down from what I was a using. I’m down to just protein at this point. Drinking water all day... ?

Any help ? Or suggestions. ?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Did you start the DNP already?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Have you had a physical at a doctor recently? Edema can be caused by both common things and serious medical issues.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I'm going to take a couple of shots here:

1. With regard to the ankle swelling, any chance you're doing something different for cardio that may be affecting the joint and connective tissue? Reason I ask is a few years back while on vacation I did a boatload of walking. Some of the walking was done in slides on the boardwalk and some on the beach. Between the suck ass footwear, uneven and unstable surface of the beach sand my ankles blew da fuuk up. Never had that happen before or since.

2. You mentioned weight loss. Any chance you always had this puffiness but now with the loss of some fat, it's more noticable?

3. or I'm not even close with 1. and 2.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Have you had a physical at a doctor recently? Edema can be caused by both common things and serious medical issues.
I just had shoulder surgery in November, full physicals for that and nothing came up then. The swelling was noticeable change about a month ago. Never had it before.. Yes I’m fat, but my arms and legs have always been trim up.
I'm going to take a couple of shots here:

1. With regard to the ankle swelling, any chance you're doing something different for cardio that may be affecting the joint and connective tissue? Reason I ask is a few years back while on vacation I did a boatload of walking. Some of the walking was done in slides on the boardwalk and some on the beach. Between the suck ass footwear, uneven and unstable surface of the beach sand my ankles blew da fuuk up. Never had that happen before or since.

2. You mentioned weight loss. Any chance you always had this puffiness but now with the loss of some fat, it's more noticable?

3. or I'm not even close with 1. and 2.
The selling happened before my current work out/diet program. Number 2 is also not that case....
Thanks for the input...

Since I started cutting a week ago the swelling has gone down a lot, and is noticeable different. I did start Deca low dose 150mg a week, about the same time the swelling started. I am now off the deca, been about a week, but I’m still holding water... Maybe it will keep going down with time. ..

Let’s get this out here yes I’m cutting weight now, I’m 281 as of sundays weigh in, but I still have 38” in waste at 6’3” tall.... I have body fat in my middle, but arms and legs you can see veins.

Thanks for all the ideas... ILL give it another week and see if it goes away.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
The deca will take a few weeks to clear your system and can cause you to hold water even at a low dose,
the water intake needs to be heavier than you think normally it should be when dieting/ cutting.
I don't ever consciously cut out sodium just be somewhat responsible all the time and osmosis will take care of things barring any underlying medical issues.
Stay with it and do what works consistantly.
Stay focused and keep us posted.
Cheers

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
The deca will take a few weeks to clear your system and can cause you to hold water even at a low dose,
the water intake needs to be heavier than you think normally it should be when dieting/ cutting.
I don't ever consciously cut out sodium just be somewhat responsible all the time and osmosis will take care of things barring any underlying medical issues.
Stay with it and do what works consistantly.
Stay focused and keep us posted.
Cheers
Thanks man,,, Just by that response I’m going to up my water... I do work out side, and its 75 today and sunny... yesterday was 80.... thought I was drinking enough, maybe not..

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Water update.

Well it seems like I was worried for nothing. This week I can see veins popping out in my shins and calves so, I’m pretty sure the water in the legs has resolved its self. I’m sure part of it is the Deca is leaving my system, and I started Tran A this week, which is helping with the water and I doubled my water intake for the last 2 weeks, and will keep it there if not go higher.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic