Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Hobbies and Such...

HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
Other than bodybuilding, what do you do for fun. I like flying, skydiving, and shooting. Trying to get a motorcycle this summer. Kind of leaning toward the Indian lineup. I like the Scout, for the price, but I make that bike look small at 6' 3". Probably going to go with the Chief Sport with a Stage 2 Performance package.

Here's a skydive pic. That's me on the right with the open face helmet. Jumping season has already started. If you're ever near northwest Arkansas, hit me up and I'll take you up for a flight.
Skydive.jpg

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Only been skydiving once and fucking loved it. It was tandem of course, but we were the last of the day for a sunset jump. Such a rush and fell through a cloud, too. Problem is the only places to jump are a few hours away in different directions. Would love to go more often or even get certified.

Hobbies are limited. Working out pretty much it aside from boning. Not much of that going on right now. I just built a 4090-based gaming computer, but I find myself playing the dumbest shit and nothing that needs that much power. Last computer I built was a Pentium II 400MHz system, so I was overdue and just limping along playing low-load games. Not much on console gaming.. I use that more for YouTube TV than anything. I got a new M5 in Feb; it's the last one that will be pure ICE. Next model will be hybrid. I'm sure it'll be great, loaded with tech, and sell really well, but no thanks to M-series having an electric motor. Don't drive it too much, but when I do, I enjoy it.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Fishing and fighting. Love them both, both are great for blowing off steam. Also LOVE motorcycles. I have 3 and do track days when I can but ride a lot. Also into cars, I have a silly turbo hooligan car that looks dumb with an old guy driving it but it is SO FUN! Beefnewton, M5 is a great car! Would love to have one but NO MANUAL TRANS! WTF! Have not owned an auto vehicle since the 90s

Also like cooking. I am pretty good as my wife bless her heart is a terrible cook. If I want tasty food I had to do it myself. Now I do.

Lastly I am a cigar aficionado. I think that counts as a hobby.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I’m with you on guns/shooting BUT you won’t catch me jumping out of a plane! I don’t do heights at all. I do a little hunting but nowhere near as much as when I was younger. I recently bought the equipment to start predator hunting, I’m going to try getting back into it more. The gym & guns are about it for me anymore. I’ve got a pretty decent collection of knives too but I’ve backed off on buying them.

HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
Only been skydiving once and fucking loved it. It was tandem of course, but we were the last of the day for a sunset jump. Such a rush and fell through a cloud, too. Problem is the only places to jump are a few hours away in different directions. Would love to go more often or even get certified.

Hobbies are limited. Working out pretty much it aside from boning. Not much of that going on right now. I just built a 4090-based gaming computer, but I find myself playing the dumbest shit and nothing that needs that much power. Last computer I built was a Pentium II 400MHz system, so I was overdue and just limping along playing low-load games. Not much on console gaming.. I use that more for YouTube TV than anything. I got a new M5 in Feb; it's the last one that will be pure ICE. Next model will be hybrid. I'm sure it'll be great, loaded with tech, and sell really well, but no thanks to M-series having an electric motor. Don't drive it too much, but when I do, I enjoy it.
Nice. The 4090 is high dollar stuff, man! I just bought laptop "for work" with a Ryzen 9 6900HX, and I thought I was cool. Same here though, I play stupid, low consumption games when I play.

Glad you liked skydiving. I recommend that everyone try it at least once. I've met loads of people who absolutely refuse to go, but I haven't met someone yet who regretted going. My first flying job was a jumper dumper. It was always hilarious to see the big dudes acting so tough on the ground.....and then see them turn into a wet noodle of fear when that door opens up at 12,000 ft.

HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
Fishing and fighting. Love them both, both are great for blowing off steam. Also LOVE motorcycles. I have 3 and do track days when I can but ride a lot. Also into cars, I have a silly turbo hooligan car that looks dumb with an old guy driving it but it is SO FUN! Beefnewton, M5 is a great car! Would love to have one but NO MANUAL TRANS! WTF! Have not owned an auto vehicle since the 90s

Also like cooking. I am pretty good as my wife bless her heart is a terrible cook. If I want tasty food I had to do it myself. Now I do.

Lastly I am a cigar aficionado. I think that counts as a hobby.
Do you do MMA training? I've been trying my hand at Jiu Jitsu, but I seem to be at a disadvantage with my long limbs. Too much of a lever arm. I'm strong AF, so I can hold people down, but I don't know where to go from there, so I usually end up getting exhausted and give up! LOL

Trying to get a motorcycle and a 69-72 Stingray this summer. I'm post divorce and in the midst of my 2/5-life-crisis.

HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
Fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, golf and building D&D terrain models.
Ok, I hope you're being serious, or I'm going to look like a total nerd here.... I love D&D, man. I could play a 6 hour campaign, if there was enough food...

Terrain models sound like a lot of creative fun. I have used a Etsy-based 3D printer service to print a few character models for myself in the past. Haven't played in a few years, and I miss it.

HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
I’m with you on guns/shooting BUT you won’t catch me jumping out of a plane! I don’t do heights at all. I do a little hunting but nowhere near as much as when I was younger. I recently bought the equipment to start predator hunting, I’m going to try getting back into it more. The gym & guns are about it for me anymore. I’ve got a pretty decent collection of knives too but I’ve backed off on buying them.
I almost lost all of my boom sticks in this divorce nastiness. I've been building on this collection since I was 16 years old. Finally got approval on my first suppressor last fall and I haven't even got to shoot it yet. Have it on a PSA AK-V in 9mm.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ok, I hope you're being serious, or I'm going to look like a total nerd here.... I love D&D, man. I could play a 6 hour campaign, if there was enough food...

Terrain models sound like a lot of creative fun. I have used a Etsy-based 3D printer service to print a few character models for myself in the past. Haven't played in a few years, and I miss it.
I used to play a lot when I was in my teen years then I got my kids into it when they were in their teens. My son would go play at his friends and they always wanted to step up their miniature game, so I started building models. I have boxes of dungeon tiles, buildings, castles, modular walls, outdoor terrain and even some ruins tiles that I used epoxy, dye and led lights to make them light up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic