pbtom
What's New?

Hit a PR Post RC Repair Surgery

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So i'm now at a year and a half post right shoulder rotator cuff repair surgery (full thickness tear of supraspinatus). For this past year, i;ve really been focusing on form and strength......SLOWLY. It sucks to do it slowly, but slow and steady wins the race right lol.
In addition to that, for all my upper body work outs, I warm up 15 mins before lifting. I'll post my warm up in a separate thread.

So on the seated upright chest press, hit a PR last week with 2/45# weights! Yay...and you know what, it felt fine and good and challenging.
This also might be my all time PR on this machine actually.......

Happy Lifting Y'All

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Nice !! I know how hard it is to have the patience and restraint to take it slow and be cautious enough to not re-injure the shoulder. Its been 1.5 yrs since my tendon repair and Im at about 90%. I have just started to beable to lift heavy and my strength is nowhere near where it was and it seems like its gonna be at least another yr to get back to that level.

SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
yep, good for you, i tore my rotor, pec and bi.. same accident.. 3 yrs, but, i'm able to do (almost full range) what i want/need.. I'll never go back to seated overhead with barbell 315... but at my age, why should i be doing that.. ? var/gh are magical..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic