Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

High school wrestling

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Talk about a blast from the past...no kids in wrestling, though, but I wrestled in Jr. High and High School and later fought Korean martial arts in college. I don't miss Coach Crumbaker's sweaty practices. Wrestling and fighting encouraged me to put on weight cos I was this skinny little thing. Didn't start blooming until I turned 20.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
You see this often in high school girls. There might be 1-2 girls on the team that absolutely wreck the rest of the girls in and around their weight classes and the only way they can practice with any similar competition is to wrestle the boys. It is a much better alternative than having them practice with girls that are well outside their weight class to even competition. This leads to injuries. Plus, weight classes wrestle differently. They wrestle at different speeds and completely different styles that doesn't help the heavier or lighter wrestler prepare.
Yep this exactly,, my daughter trains with the girl 2 weight classes above her which has definitely helped her strength. Like driving through her double legs picking her up and dumping her, getting out from under a heavier opponent plus holding down a bigger stronger opponent… but the girl doesn’t possess the speed and explosiveness that the boys and the elite girls possess and that how this girl has been beating her. She comes out like a savage and is relentless.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Talk about a blast from the past...no kids in wrestling, though, but I wrestled in Jr. High and High School and later fought Korean martial arts in college. I don't miss Coach Crumbaker's sweaty practices. Wrestling and fighting encouraged me to put on weight cos I was this skinny little thing. Didn't start blooming until I turned 20.
Lol, they are sweaty messes at the end of practice. Wrestling practice is BRUTAL..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic