Members
Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

High RBCs and Strokes

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
^^ Honest question, is our blood usable?

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
It's OK, as long as you aren't taking the laundry list of medications they have. AAS' are not on the list, but isotretinoin is. In fact, they'd love our blood, because of the high RBCs - the most used component.

Last edited:
AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
I am having phlebotomies done weekly (with doc order) as my heritage unfortunately allowed me to develope hemacromatosis. Its been a bitch, and I have been drained.... literally. The years of red meat and AAS, coupled with the genetic mutation did not lead to good iron levels. I am lucky I didnt stroke out.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
You can do it yourself but why. Yeah they can use our blood. I only have a problem with the price tag they put on our blood (400/quart)!! That's stupid high.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
You can do it yourself but why. Yeah they can use our blood. I only have a problem with the price tag they put on our blood (400/quart)!! That's stupid high.

Is that the price the Red Cross or other organizations charge the hospitals or clinics?

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011

If that's the case, then I'm in the wrong business. Time to start bottling my own and selling for lets say $300/quart.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
LL, Does it affect your training for any time period after donation? DU, thanks for the info....plz post up how you feel in the days following etc.
Much Thanks,
MAYO

I'm addicted to blood letting, I feel BETTER after giving. Training is fine the next day.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
That's the stat I've heard. I do know its stupid high, but the exactness I've never checked.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
This is an old thread but I need to be donating but I can't with my high RBC count. Does anybody just do it at home like mentioned in this thread?

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
This is an old thread but I need to be donating but I can't with my high RBC count. Does anybody just do it at home like mentioned in this thread?

I'm with DLTH. I was denied last Saturday due to my bp. 178/122. Was roughly around that today at the Dr. Changing my bp meds, also adding hawthorne berry until I can get it low enough to donate. Otherwise I'm going to pull a Valentino for the newer generations . ;)

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012

My wife is a nurse so I just have her do it at home.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic