Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

High RBCs and Strokes

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
It's no news that AAS' increase red blood cells and thicken our blood, some more than others, e.g. Equipoise. A contributing factor to having a stroke is high RBCs.

Brain Explorer - Focus on Brain Disorders - Stroke - Aetiology
Stroke Risk Factors

I don't care how good you look, if one side of your body doesn't work and you're drooling everywhere, it's not attractive. My results were always between 6 and 7 cells/mcL. Normal is between 4.7 and 6.1. So, what is everyone doing to lower their RBCs?

I keep hydrated and will start to donate blood every couple months.

They have what's called "Double Red Cell" donation, and I'm thinking about that. Has anyone done it?

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
If you stay on all the time, then you should be giving blood.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
You can donate whole blood every 56-days. That's going to be my bi-monthly task. I'm scheduled to do the double red donation next week. I'll report on how that goes. I'm going to get my RBCs tested a week after that, too.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
I give whole blood every 2 months but have considered double-red cells. It takes a little longer and takes out a lot more red cells. It may just equal out because you can only do it every 4 months.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
LL, Does it affect your training for any time period after donation? DU, thanks for the info....plz post up how you feel in the days following etc.
Much Thanks,
MAYO

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
LL, Does it affect your training for any time period after donation? DU, thanks for the info....plz post up how you feel in the days following etc.
Much Thanks,
MAYO

The day of I feel a little off but not too bad. I read your body regenerates at least the volume of blood in 24 hours. I did test low, with tests from my doctor, in iron. I take an iron supplement now. My hemo tested 18 still at the Red Cross though. My doctor explained I was in the beginning stage of low iron. Other things happen like the red cells get larger, different sized cells, etc. before the total levels drop from lack of iron.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I give whole blood every 2 months but have considered double-red cells. It takes a little longer and takes out a lot more red cells. It may just equal out because you can only do it every 4 months.

That's what I'm thinking, but if you only have to get drained half as much, for the same effect, I'm all for it. The Red Cross says it takes about 20-min longer than donating whole blood.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Much Thanks,
MAYO

I don't normally workout on the weekends, so I scheduled mine for Saturday morning. That will give me at least 48-hours to recoup.

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
I always donate every 8 weeks , no matter what . Actually my BP goes down for a few days also after I donate .

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
I've heard of people drawing there own blood and simply discarding it.. Not something I'm too fond of trying myself, but there are plenty of people who do it.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I've heard of people drawing there own blood and simply discarding it.. Not something I'm too fond of trying myself, but there are plenty of people who do it.

If you can help others, that need the blood, why not have professionals withdraw it?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic