Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

High hemoglobin/hematocrit

916stang

May 24, 2012
What do you do about your high RBC levels? Just keep donating blood?

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
How high is your rbc?

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
What do you do about your high RBC levels? Just keep donating blood?

Yes.
Should drop a point or two after a donation.
If that doesn't get you into the normal range, you should probably see your PCP.

916stang

May 24, 2012
How high is your rbc?

It is really high right now, I'm also in high elevation so that does contribute to it. I donated a little over a month ago and my levels dropped. They are back up and higher now.
I'm donating tomorrow again

Attachments

• IMAG0971.jpg
    IMAG0971.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 630
P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Mine is at 55. If you have sleep apnea make sure your machine is working properly.

916stang

May 24, 2012
I'm running gear, I barely sleep as it is so maybe sleep apnea is a cause for concern...

At this point, I don't know anymore. doc told me today to lower my dose of TRT and start skipping doses to not have such high levels of test etc.. Either way, I'm dealing with it and giving blood tomorrow so will know in a few weeks on some new bloodwork..

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Keep giving blood every eight weeks. Might take a year to get under 50. I'd take 8omg baby aspirin ed as insurance. How's your blood pressure ?

916stang

May 24, 2012
Keep giving blood every eight weeks. Might take a year to get under 50. I'd take 8omg baby aspirin ed as insurance. How's your blood pressure ?
Blood pressure is good
I also take a bayer 1-2x a week just to get it in

Either way, levels are a bit high but I do feel great. Will have to watch it, but the answer I've being given elsewhere is a bit odd so I have more blood work to do after the test..

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I have had 2 blood clots, actually still have the second one in my leg and its been 1.5 year or even more.
I wouldnt let my H&H get too high.

On TRT my levels will creep up slowly.
I donate about every 2 months or so.
If I let it get to high I will have 2 or 3 donations in a month period.
usually donate, then following week donate again and in some cases donate again a few weeks after that.

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
i dont know your country - here in europe they tend a little bit to reduce blood donating and pay people to donate plasma instead. Baxter is the big company making those machines and medicines out of plasma. but i read that in the U.S. the number of plasma doners is too small to cover a big industry for all states so they import plasma from other countries. :oops: I ve stopped plasma donation long time many years ago - I go to blood donation aswell but I don't take any medicine when I go :eek:

916stang

May 24, 2012
I have had 2 blood clots, actually still have the second one in my leg and its been 1.5 year or even more.
I wouldnt let my H&H get too high.

On TRT my levels will creep up slowly.
I donate about every 2 months or so.
If I let it get to high I will have 2 or 3 donations in a month period.
usually donate, then following week donate again and in some cases donate again a few weeks after that.

Normal procedure depending on what you donate is usually every 6-8 weeks. Most places need a script if you try to donate earlier than 8 weeks.

Are you doing full blood donation more than once a month? That doesn't sound to healthy

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Its not unhealthy to do multiple donations as long as your numbers are high. Its common practice actually.
I bleed 3 pints in my leg some years back, I could feel that.

I cant donate at a blood bank since I lived in Europe in the mid 80s.
I just do it at home but my doc is a oncology/hematology doc and my wife is an oncology nurse.
he has no problems with it and he is the one that suggest it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic