What's New?

High hematocrit and grapefruit

• Thread starter AeroSpaceEngineer
  • Start Date
mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I'm going to give this a try as well as donate blood.

big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Interesting.

What issues are you having?

B

BeauBody38

Jan 8, 2015
High hematocrit indicates dehydration. Grapefruit can keep you hydrated.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I doubt grapefruit is gonna lower elevated Hemoglobin/Hematocrit from AAS. Bleeding (menstral or surgical) or donating are the only real options.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I doubt grapefruit is gonna lower elevated Hemoglobin/Hematocrit from AAS. Bleeding (menstral or surgical) or donating are the only real options.

My crit always runs at the top end of normal. I sure as shit am not going to rely on grapefruit juice. I donate regularly, and really stay on top of it during blasts. I also stay far away from bold.

Seeker

Seeker

Dec 30, 2011

Last edited:
Seeker

Seeker

Dec 30, 2011
Giving blood regularly is your best option. Also make sure you stay hydrated. especially when you get tested. Your hemoglobin is dependent on your hydration levels. Drink that water.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Not sure I believe it but since I am having some issues I figure it is worth a shot. Anyone have any experience with the hematocrit balancing ability of grapefruit?..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3243695

You need to give some more info for a educated brofessor answer. Are you using any aas, have you had bloodwoork that shows a high level ? If you're playing around with aas , you need to consider Therapeutic Phlebs, grapefruits probably ain't going to cut it.
I've read it can help but when you intro aas it changes the equation.

B

Bigmax

Sep 19, 2011
well actually you don't have to use AAS to have high hermatocrit although high dosages for long periods will contribute to it....some people just have higher iron in their blood...I can tell you this that graniteman and seeker are correct best way to keep it on point is giving blood...if you let it get out of control it can turn into chronic thickening and that's called polycythemia...once you have that you cant donate cause life blood wont accept it...trust me I'm typing from experience...

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
well actually you don't have to use AAS to have high hermatocrit although high dosages for long periods will contribute to it....some people just have higher iron in their blood...I can tell you this that graniteman and seeker are correct best way to keep it on point is giving blood...if you let it get out of control it can turn into chronic thickening and that's called polycythemia...once you have that you cant donate cause life blood wont accept it...trust me I'm typing from experience...

True Bigmax, If you have that you can get a therapeutic phlebotomi script from your doc. They don't put your blood in circulation , it is either used for experiments or trashed

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
So ive noticed my iron levels getting lower after donating blood. My doc says i need an iron supplement. Should i use that if im using gear?

What about the people on blood thinners? They cant donate, so what options do they have?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic