Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Hi!

D

Dony

TID Lady Member
Sep 14, 2022
Hi all! Found this forum while looking for tips on how to lose weight. I've been going to the gym for about a year now, but my trainer and I don't do much strength training because I have some back problems. However,I would also like to know about women's bodybuilding as a thing that I would really like to do .
All the best!

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Hi all! Found this forum while looking for tips on how to lose weight. I've been going to the gym for about a year now, but my trainer and I don't do much strength training because I have some back problems. However,I would also like to know about women's bodybuilding as a thing that I would really like to do .
All the best!

What does your Physical Therapist say about your back pain, if it's that bad that you can't do much strength training in the gym. A PT is a better and a more trustworthy person to start with than a personal trainer. Biggest thing is don't give up. Motivation comes and goes but stay consistent with whatever your weightloss goals might be and then if you want to compete, taking that step as well. If you want to compete, there's absolutely no excuse no to. Goodluck on your journey!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Welcome @Dony ! Whats goin on with your back? Old injury?
if you are interested in women's bodybuilding to build your body type of thing, then resistance training would be key. Have you even tried light weights/banded resistance?

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Welcome to the board. I would also suggest a PT first. Make sure you’re not going to do any damage by lifting weights.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Welcome to TID Dony!

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Welcome! Have similar questions to above about the back pain so I'll wait for the response instead of duplicating them.

D

Dony

TID Lady Member
Sep 14, 2022
Hi everyone, thank you for welcoming me! I have a torn annulus and very weak lower back muscles. My doctor did an MRI of my back and showed what I have and healthy people have. This thing is not treated by surgery, only by moderate physical activity and changing lifestyle. Another difficulty is that because of such pains, the brain is used to the fact that movement means pain. It was hard for me to just bend over, jump up, because the brain was sending signals that these actions were a threat. Now we are working on it, I am learning to turn the body and feel almost no pain! We also strengthen the muscles of the back and in the future we will move on to the lower back.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic