Members
Latest Member
Thongman
What's New?

Hi there.....

R

rbtrout

Oct 21, 2010
New to the forum, but not lifting. I lifted all through Jr. High, HS and a few years into early married life. Then I made the excuse of not having enough time - I didn't make the time. I started back to lifting about 10 years ago.

Since then, I went from training like a bber to training like a powerlifter and made some major size/strength gains - especially for a guy over 40. Bench and sohp were always the weakest of my lifts, but were going up steadily using a modified (by me) 5/3/1 program.
Deads - 700#
Squats - 665# (never tried 675, but I know I could have done it)
Bench - 325#
Not to bad for an old fart.

Of late, a bulging disc in my lower back has put a stop to any/all lifting for now. Once I get it squared away, I'll start lifting again, although the heavy squats and deads are a thing of the past.

mugzy

mugzy

Administrator
Staff Member
Aug 11, 2010
rbtrout, those are some excellent numbers you are hitting. I had to overcome two bulging disc's last year myself. Fortunatley I was successful and can deadlift as heavy as I like today. That said I keep it under control. Welcome to TID.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome to TID, those are awesome numbers, sorry about the back, fix it, then hit it back hard

R

rbtrout

Oct 21, 2010
Thanks for the welcomes, gang. If I can convince Kaiser to let me do non-surgical decompression, I'm hoping for about 6 months to start lifting again. We'll see......

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Welcome to TID, and I am over 40 myself and had suffered serious injury as well. Still battling back but got nearly all my gains back