Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

HGH with dental braces?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Someone asked me today if it would be a bad idea to run GH while getting braces. Don't worry, this person is an adult. I'm really clueless here. I understand GH does have an effect on bone growth. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I don't have the slightest clue. Hope there is someone that will know.

Slic.

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
Bodybuilding with braces is a pain in the ass. I did it for a year. But i never took gh.

big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
It will. I had a sleep apnea mouth piece made. Worked wonderful for 9 months. Then it stopped. My bottom jaw grew. I had a perfect bite. Now I cant bite through a pickle on a sandwich.

I was using novos an rips when it happened. Around 6iu/day.

This may or maynot relate to braces. Just my experience.

big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
On a side note I can get another mouth piece made. But the dentist, who is also a friend and bodybuilder, said don't bother until I'm done with gh.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
images-18.jpeg This guy took gh...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Same story as big bx in regards to my lower jaw. I now have a very slight underbite and I used to have a very slight overbite. It may not sound like a big change, but my dentist can't believe how badly my teeth line up. He keeps saying that I must have broken my jaw recently and it healed while pushed forward. Bottom line, it will more than likely affect the efficacy of braces.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Same story as big bx in regards to my lower jaw. I now have a very slight underbite and I used to have a very slight overbite. It may not sound like a big change, but my dentist can't believe how badly my teeth line up. He keeps saying that I must have broken my jaw recently and it healed while pushed forward. Bottom line, it will more than likely affect the efficacy of braces.

I've had the exact same experience. I've noticed that my bottom teeth are now slightly rubbing against my uppers. I thought it was my imagination or had just started focusing on it. After a trip to the dentist and much questioning and reading this I now think I know the culprit!

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
It will. I had a sleep apnea mouth piece made. Worked wonderful for 9 months. Then it stopped. My bottom jaw grew. I had a perfect bite. Now I cant bite through a pickle on a sandwich.

I was using novos an rips when it happened. Around 6iu/day.

This may or maynot relate to braces. Just my experience.

Not gh related. Your teeth shifted due to the pressure of pulling your jaw forward. Same thing happened to me and I've never taken gh.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I've had the exact same experience. I've noticed that my bottom teeth are now slightly rubbing against my uppers. I thought it was my imagination or had just started focusing on it. After a trip to the dentist and much questioning and reading this I now think I know the culprit!

I forget what the bite is called (some form of malocclusion) but it pulled your bottom teeth forward. My top teeth would not overlap my bottom and I had to get braces to fix what the $500 dental appliance caused.

Last edited:
P

Pittsburgh63

Jul 21, 2013
I forget what the bite is called but it pulled your bottom teeth forward. My top teeth would not overlap my bottom and I had to get braces to fix what the $500 dental appliance caused.

That's an under bite.

Unless you're dealing with long term use of hgh, I wouldn't worry about it messing with braces. If anything...I would imagine that it would help your body to accept new possitioning of the teeth and assist in the healing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic