Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

HGH use for ruptured tricep tendon recovery..

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
My powerlifting career ended with a squatting accident that resulted in a 4cm distal retraction of the adductor longus. Laymen's terms - I completely ruptured the shit out of my adductor/groin, tore it off the bone, and was purple from my dick to my ankle for 6 weeks. They told me before the MRI that surgery is the only option if the tear is greater then 3cm.

The surgery they were recommending was a one year full recovery job, but probably never the same, with 8-12 weeks in basically a lower body cast after surgery. Since I am not making a living as a powerlifter, and work in construction with 3 kids to feed, I got a second opinion before committing to surgery and going broke.

Through some connections I got an appointment with one of the top sports orthopedic doctors in the country. He head of sport's orthopedic medicine at a top hospital in my area, and thankfully I'm in a an area with some of the best doctors and hospitals in the world.

Anyways this Dr told me my injury was bad, but that if he could get NFL players with similar injuries back on the field in 12 weeks without surgery then he could get me back up and running without surgery. So I said to him - yeah but you gave them all HGH. And he says - It wasn't me that gave it to them. That's against NFL rules....obviously implying that they take it. So I asked him if it would help me, and he says yes, but I have to pay for it because it's an off-label use in this country.

He prescribed me 5iu per day for 12 weeks and PT. My PT could not believe how fast I was healing. 12 weeks later and I was running on a football field in the fall. Squatting again 6 months later. I will never squat powerlifter heavy again, and I still feel it tug from time to time - but I have to believe that I would not have recovered like I did without HGH. The first opinion Dr told me I would never be the same again when I went back to him and said I wasn't getting surgery.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Before I go into surgery, I will have to ask him about some of these treatments. If I can get a faster recovery, by all means, I am going to do it.
I just didnt want to go injecting right into the tricep and cause an infection and just have more problems.

I really good friend of mine is an HRT/Aesthetic doctor. He prescribes peptides, IGF1, HGH etc to some patients. I am going to ask him a good treatment plan to get me healed up faster. I am not necessarily worried about the gym, I just dont want to be out of work too long. I make too much money, and for me to be off work 2 months, would set me back a bit. Thankfully the wife is working, but we need my income too.

Thanks again for your reply..

PRP!!! I honestly would insist on this treatment in surgery. Hey, when I did my quad reattachment I went in on Saturday morning. Home by afternoon. I was back at work on Monday morning and coaching spring football that afternoon. Never missed a day of work. I was also back in the gym a week after surgery. My surgeon had a fit but he doesn't have to pay my bills. They are always going to be on the conservative side but you know what you can handle. Anyone who does REHAB and ortho will tell you getting back to the gym is very important to healing up quicker.

Reactions: 5.0
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
My powerlifting career ended with a squatting accident that resulted in a 4cm distal retraction of the adductor longus. Laymen's terms - I completely ruptured the shit out of my adductor/groin, tore it off the bone, and was purple from my dick to my ankle for 6 weeks. They told me before the MRI that surgery is the only option if the tear is greater then 3cm.

*Cringe*....That hurt reading it!!!!...... :eek:

The surgery they were recommending was a one year full recovery job, but probably never the same, with 8-12 weeks in basically a lower body cast after surgery. Since I am not making a living as a powerlifter, and work in construction with 3 kids to feed, I got a second opinion before committing to surgery and going broke.

Through some connections I got an appointment with one of the top sports orthopedic doctors in the country. He head of sport's orthopedic medicine at a top hospital in my area, and thankfully I'm in a an area with some of the best doctors and hospitals in the world.

Anyways this Dr told me my injury was bad, but that if he could get NFL players with similar injuries back on the field in 12 weeks without surgery then he could get me back up and running without surgery. So I said to him - yeah but you gave them all HGH. And he says - It wasn't me that gave it to them. That's against NFL rules....obviously implying that they take it. So I asked him if it would help me, and he says yes, but I have to pay for it because it's an off-label use in this country.

He prescribed me 5iu per day for 12 weeks and PT. My PT could not believe how fast I was healing. 12 weeks later and I was running on a football field in the fall. Squatting again 6 months later. I will never squat powerlifter heavy again, and I still feel it tug from time to time - but I have to believe that I would not have recovered like I did without HGH. The first opinion Dr told me I would never be the same again when I went back to him and said I wasn't getting surgery.

Good info!...Thanx for sharing!....I may have to buckle down and try this for my back and knees....

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
I honestly would stay away from PRP for this type of surgery if it were me. There is not any hard based evidence that these injections work expect for rotator cuff and labrum tears and that seems to be hit or miss.

I would stick to GH localized injections(these will increase local igf-1 and mRNA),TB500 and BPC-157. I personally would add a local low dose of nandrolone as well.

Sorry to hear about that @ItalianMuscle. Vegas next weekend.

mands

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
WWLGD - What would @Littleguy do?

I think he used GH when he tore everything.

HGH and IGF and do every little seemingly insignificant rehab movement they tell you to do MULTIPLE times per day.
Good luck with your recovery.

(PS don't brag about how much $$ you make if you cannot afford a couple months off while in the same sentence stating you NEED both of your incomes.;))
Unsolicited advice from an old guy.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Oh yep yep
After my hip
Pec
Knees
Foot
Bicep
Back