Rolanalon
What's New?

Hgh, once or twice a day

• Thread starter MountaineerMuscle84
  • Start Date
MountaineerMuscle84

MountaineerMuscle84

Feb 16, 2019
I’ve been looking into possibly change my HGH dose to 2ius twice a day instead of 4ius in the morning, I found this study from the early 90s. Thought I’d throw it up. Good Read.

OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to compare the metabolic effects of GH administered subcutaneously either once or twice daily. The actions of GH might depend upon a pulsatile pattern of serum GH. Pulsatile and continuous intravenous delivery of GH, however, induce similar short-term metabolic effects in GH deficient patients. An improved growth response is obtained in GH deficient children when a fixed weekly GH dose is administered by daily subcutaneous injections instead of twice or thrice-weekly intramuscular injections. A more pulsatile pattern and serum GH levels above zero might be achieved by further increasing the injection frequency. Increased daytime GH levels might, however, adversely affect the circadian patterns of metabolic indices, which have been demonstrated to be more successfully reproduced by evening compared with morning GH administration.
DESIGN AND MEASUREMENTS: In a cross-over study, 8 GH deficient patients (age 16-43 years) were treated with 3 IU/m2/24 h of human GH. The dose was injected in the evening for 4 weeks and for another 4 weeks two-thirds was injected in the evening and one-third in the morning. At the end of each period the patients were admitted to the hospital for 37 hours. Steady-state profiles of GH, IGF-I, IGF binding proteins 1 and 3, insulin, glucose, lipid intermediates and metabolites were obtained following administration of 3 IU/m2 of GH (at 1900 h (one injection) and at 1900 and 0800 h (two injections)).
RESULTS: Similar mean integrated levels of serum GH (mU/l) were obtained (7.46 +/- 0.84 (one injection) vs 6.46 +/- 0.62 (two injections) (P = 0.15)). Mean levels +/- SEM of serum IGF-I (micrograms/l) were significantly increased (P < 0.01) following two daily GH injections (330.3 +/- 48.1 (one injection) vs 399.1 +/- 53.0 (two injections)). Serum IGFBP-3 levels were not significantly different on the two occasions, while levels of the GH independent IGFBP-1 (micrograms/l) were slightly but significantly lower following twice-daily GH injections (1.61 +/- 0.42 vs 1.13 +/- 0.56, respectively (P < 0.04)). The pattern of IGFBP-1 was opposite to that of insulin. Similar levels of insulin and glucose were obtained with both GH regimens, while levels of non-esterified fatty acids were significantly higher following once-daily GH injection (P < 0.001).
CONCLUSIONS: Twice-daily GH injections, apart from producing a more physiological serum GH profile, were superior to one injection in increasing serum IGF-I and decreasing IGFBP-1 levels. Both of these changes tend to amplify the effects of the administered GH. Twice-daily injections, however, resulted in lower night-time levels of lipid intermediates

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I split my dose 12hrs apart to minimize carpel tunnel symptoms.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I want the lipid intermediates to keep body fat low and also prevent NIDDM (insulin resistance). This is why I run once daily 4iu at bedtime.

I concur with this:)

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I want the lipid intermediates to keep body fat low and also prevent NIDDM (insulin resistance). This is why I run once daily 4iu at bedtime.

Agreed, I run it like this as well!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I've done it in the morning all one dose, I've split doses and I've sworn gh off... only to have jumped back on last night. I'll he doing 2iu before bed, no more no less. Thanks for posting the study mm84

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
2.5iu AM and 2.5iu PM on training days. I want to maximize IGF secretion, and prevent adipocytes ability to uptake lipids.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I hope Mands chimes in here, he always has good analysis on this topc.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
It depends on your goal. But, if you are more focused on lipolysis you would want to spread your gh shots out to at least two. Three would be better IMO. You also want to have at least a 2 hour break from food after your shot. 3 hours would be better.

At the 4 iu dose you are taking and others are taking pre-bed or in the morning will cause minimal or no insulin resistance at that dose. Now, once you start increasing that dose, then you could have issues with insulin resistance. That's why many will introduce insulin around the 8-10 iu mark.

mands

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
How is everyone shooting?......IM or SUBQ

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic