Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

HGH on an empty stomach

D

Drumsticks

Nov 23, 2017
I've read all the studies and heard all the bro-science behind HGH. I'm pinning first thing upon waking, which for me is around 3 in the afternoon. I've been told not to consume any carbs (especially simple carbs) for at least 2 hours after pinning.
This puts me at the gym on an empty stomach. Training on an empty stomach sounds kinda counterproductive, not to mention unpleasant, in my opinion.
So let's talk about the importance of pinning GH on an empty stomach. I understand the theory behind the insulin spike and insulin sensitivity but I want hear actual real life experience.
Is a cup of coffee with 2 sugars going to make that much of a difference? What about a pre-workout meal? Carbs fuel my workouts. I can't imagine training on an empty stomach.
I can't be the only one here that has had this problem. Anybody here find a way around this, or just completely ignore it? And if so, what were your results?
I've read all the studies and heard all the bro-science behind HGH. I'm pinning first thing upon waking, which for me is around 3 in the afternoon. I've been told not to consume any carbs (especially simple carbs) for at least 2 hours after pinning.
This puts me at the gym on an empty stomach. Training on an empty stomach sounds kinda counterproductive, not to mention unpleasant, in my opinion.
So let's talk about the importance of pinning GH on an empty stomach. I understand the theory behind the insulin spike and insulin sensitivity but I want hear actual real life experience.
Is a cup of coffee with 2 sugars going to make that much of a difference? What about a pre-workout meal? Carbs fuel my workouts. I can't imagine training on an empty stomach.
I can't be the only one here that has had this problem. Anybody here find a way around this, or just completely ignore it? And if so, what were your results?

D

Drumsticks

Nov 23, 2017
I had the exact same question as I workout in the morning after waking. There is nooooooo way I can lift heavy weights for an hour on a empty carb depleted stomach. I started pinning in mid afternoon as I have read that is your 2nd most hgh deficient time of the day, with upon waking the number 1. I am glad you asked this question as I am sure many people are wondering the same thing. It seems as though most agree that time and consistency are what is truly important, so that's great to hear!

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Mands, I presently pin GH every day first thing in the morning. I then train in a fasted state, and don't eat my first meal until at least 3 hours after pinning the GH.

In the past I thought pinning in the morning was better to avoid suppression of whatever GH I'm still making in my system during my sleep (which now appears to not be the case from the discussion above). If I were to move my pinning protocol to right before bed (I pin about 3 IUs/day), would I expect to see any different results, other than perhaps less lethargy during the day?
You will definitely have less lethargy during the day. I have tried both ways (between 3-5ius) and I decided to just pin before bed for that reason alone. When pinning upon waking I was tired all day. All I wanted to do was sleep. Half the time I didn't even want to train and I was napping immediately after training. Got nothing accomplished at home and was dragging ass at work

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic