pbtom
What's New?

HGH on an empty stomach

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I used to pin fasted 6am and eat after cardio around 9a. It made me noticeably tired when I used GH any time during the day. Now I'm pinning right before my head hits the pillow at night. I also eat a medium size meal about 1hr before that. Carb timing is useful when you're doing 10+iu post workout with insulin etc. For the life extension/anti-aging effect, the nutrient timing doesn't seem to matter.

Last edited:
Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Im primarily doing this for life and health benefits so have been sticking with 2iu's daily first thing in am. Its been over a month since I started and can see mild fatloss (weight about the same) with great sleep and overall well being. Very little sides like more instances of numbing/tingling fingers when I sleep, as of now as long as I can find trusted generics Im gonna stay on indefinitley. Saw some Greytops f/s and may give those a shot as well, as of now Im on Meditropes and Reds with good/expected results.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I've always thought this as well. However, Mands (a VIP here) swears that pinning before bed has been an improvement for him.

I pin upon waking (on an empty stomach), and then go to the gym and train on an empty stomach. I'm sure training without food in my system is not optimal, but this routine seems to work for me, so I just go with it.

yea I've heard it both ways. Hard to say whats what.
If I'm using MK (which I am now) I dose pre bed to mitigate the sleepiness and hunger. Works good for the sleepiness not so much for the hunger lol

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I pin it at night for the reasons @Mike_RN mentioned. I tried upon waking and I was in a daze all day. Yawning and yawning and always wanting to crawl up under something like a 2 year old child and SLEEP! lol

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
I've always thought this as well. However, Mands (a VIP here) swears that pinning before bed has been an improvement for him.

I pin upon waking (on an empty stomach), and then go to the gym and train on an empty stomach. I'm sure training without food in my system is not optimal, but this routine seems to work for me, so I just go with it.
I think dosing and timing of GH all depends on your goals. If you are wanting lipolysis and/or hypertrophy.

Yes, I do pin before bed when taking one bolus dose of gh up to 4 iu's and it seems to help me tremendously with lethargy. @Gms585 taking it night will not disrupt natural pulses anymore then taking it in the AM or any other time for that matter. One shot will suppress natural pulses for around 24 hours.

My recommended dosing as follows for lipolysis:

2-3 iu's pin in the morning and then do not eat for 2 hours minimum. This is why I also like night injections. We are not eating when we are sleeping. Or you can pin early morning and postpone your first meal for at least 2 hours.

My recommended dosing as follows for hypertrophy:

2-3 iu pre-workout and pre-bed. Now adding insulin is another story but with insulin is where maximum hypertrophy will occur. At that point you could actually lower GH to 2 iu's and something like 6 iu humalog pre workout and then a larger gh dose only at night.

My recommended dosing as following for lipolysis and hypertrophy:

2-3 iu's morning and no food for 2 hours, 2-3 iu's pre workout and 2-3 iu's pre bed.

My recommended dosing as following for lipolysis and MAXIMUM hypertrophy:

2-3 iu's morning with 6 iu's humalog, 2-3 iu's pre workout with 6 iu's humalog and 2-3 iu's pre bed w/0 humalog.

All this information have gathered has been with anecdotal experiences and study based.

This is just a starting point for most.

mands

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Our body has this worked out. The largest dump of GH releases during sleep (as close to fasted as most folks get) so with this you cannot go wrong. With that stated I have blood tested fasted, carb loaded, protein loaded and IME the max ng/dl were produced pinning on a empty stomach. Waiting one hour and carb loading, blood draw 2 hours post carb meal is optimal but 5 ng/dl pinning empty stomach vs pinning pre-meal wasn't enough to make it worth the hassle.

In hindsight GH timing isn't as critical as we'd like it to be, at least not for me.

When we keep our 'this isn't a race to the finish line' and enjoy the journey the stress relief alone is enough to allow the meat to pack on.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I think dosing and timing of GH all depends on your goals. If you are wanting lipolysis and/or hypertrophy.

Yes, I do pin before bed when taking one bolus dose of gh up to 4 iu's and it seems to help me tremendously with lethargy. @Gms585 taking it night will not disrupt natural pulses anymore then taking it in the AM or any other time for that matter. One shot will suppress natural pulses for around 24 hours.

2-3 iu's pin in the morning and then do not eat for 2 hours minimum. This is why I also like night injections. We are not eating when we are sleeping. Or you can pin early morning and postpone your first meal for at least 2 hours.

2-3 iu pre-workout and pre-bed. Now adding insulin is another story but with insulin is where maximum hypertrophy will occur. At that point you could actually lower GH to 2 iu's and something like 6 iu humalog pre workout and then a larger gh dose only at night.

2-3 iu's morning and no food for 2 hours, 2-3 iu's pre workout and 2-3 iu's pre bed.

2-3 iu's morning with 6 iu's humalog, 2-3 iu's pre workout with 6 iu's humalog and 2-3 iu's pre bed w/0 humalog.

All this information have gathered has been with anecdotal experiences and study based.

mands

Man this is all bro science. Dose taking tne reduce pulse durring sex ,
50% yes
50% no
Why? No real science.

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
I think that training at full stomach is way overrated. If you have a decent pre-workout you'll be fine training in a fasted state. I even feel stronger when I do it

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017

mands

I totally agree with your protocols.
Couple questions tho:
What do you think about HGH post workout?
Don't you think it's dangerous to advise Humalog in the AM along with HGH and don't eat for 2 hours? Maybe you mean in that case you don't have to postpone your first meal. You're gonna need sugar to avoid hypo.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic